motorhome help

Old 07-28-2007, 03:21 PM
vwdragster
APPRENTICE

Default motorhome help

I know this is not a motorhome forum, but I need help! I have a 2001 Georgetown with a Workhorse Chassis. It has the autopark system. It is a hydralic cylinder with about 5 sensors and some type of brake on the driveshaft. The auto park light came on, but it did not engage the brake. I drove it a little bit, and it locked the brake. I checked all the connections and it released. Now, the brake will not engage at park(just like it is in neutral). One of the sensors is leaking through the sensor, I think this was the original problem. It seems this brake automatically locks and unlocks when the pump applies pressure. It is now leaking so much it engages after about 45 minutes of driving, although it will not stop the motorhome. I am in Tennessee and it is Saturday night. I was supposed to be back in Florida tomorrow. Is there a way to disable the brake? will this screw up anything? There is a worhorse repair place in town( recommended by Camping World and on the workhorse web site) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. What a vacation!
Old 07-28-2007, 08:11 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Go to Dragraceresults.com and go to the tech section. Post a topic aimed at Steve Oldani aka Transman. I believe he runs a service department for a large RV dealer. He is always glad to help anyone.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:01 AM
oldtimer
APPRENTICE

http://www.oldanimotorsports.20megsfree.com/
Here is a link to his website.