Roadsters

Old 07-27-2007, 12:20 PM
thetanman101
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Roadsters

Who here has dealt in roadsters? I've always wanted to try one or an altered out. I'm now in discussions with a man interested in trading for my Studie, and was wondering if there are any areas that need special attention, or things to watch for that are particular to roadsters. Am planning to get together and look at each other's cars next weekend.

-Tanner
Old 07-29-2007, 04:09 AM
thetanman101
JUNIOR BUILDER

No one has any advice on checking out a roadster, huh? :cry: :?
Old 07-29-2007, 04:15 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Never had one....
I do know a guy with a altered bantam roadster and he says it is a real hand full getting it down the track....sorry that's all I have.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:24 AM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

not too up on roadsters, but I do know it should not be a handful to drive.
Who built this one, is it a well known shop, how does it run, is it squirrly or does it run straight.
Like any other type of car, look it over with a critical eye, your life could count on it. Do not make a desiccion right there, go back and look again in a few days or week. you will see things you missed the first time.
Does it need any updates, what is the chassis cert for, is it moly, mild.
Try to look at it with the body off the frame...
Does it need new suspension pieces.... all things to consider.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:29 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

thetanman101 the next time they have there big race at Pine Valley Raceway you need to go talk to them boys. I did talk to two of them and they love them. One of them would run 4.88 in the 1/8 thats quick.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:03 PM
adgersmith
SHOW GUEST

Default Roadsters

I'm an expert with roadsters. Even have a new one for sale. There are some issues & NHRA/SFI have some new specs for Certification. You need to be careful if you buy one. Esp. one out of certification or near the end of the time limit of the tag.
Give me a call at the shop
903 794 7223
Adger Smith
Adger Smith Performance Engines
2820 W 7th St
Texarkana Tx
Old 07-31-2007, 04:26 PM
thetanman101
JUNIOR BUILDER

What are required now that didn't used to be required. This roadster was tagged, but from before the time when helmet bars were required. I know it'll need those added. What else has changed? Are gussets now required at pipe connections? Any other things?

Thanks,
-Tanner
Old 07-31-2007, 04:28 PM
thetanman101
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Re: Roadsters

Originally Posted by adgersmith
I'm an expert with roadsters. Even have a new one for sale. There are some issues & NHRA/SFI have some new specs for Certification. You need to be careful if you buy one. Esp. one out of certification or near the end of the time limit of the tag.
903 794 7223
Adger Smith
2820 W 7th St
Texarkana Tx
Thanks Adger, I'll give you a shout tomorrow (Wed.) afternoon.

-Tanner
Old 07-31-2007, 04:44 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Roadsters

Originally Posted by adgersmith
903 794 7223
Adger Smith
2820 W 7th St
Texarkana Tx
I believe that there are required gusets that need to be in place on the drivers cage for any car re-certified for 2007 and forward.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:25 AM
27keith
APPRENTICE

You must also be aware of the front roll cage bar angle. If the bar is less then 20* from vertical from the ground you will need to add support gussets. These are in addition to the roll cage gussets that are now required. My car currently has both. I checked out the SFI book on these chassis before getting miine NHRA certified. Brand new tag and a compliment from the inspector. He told me about 3 out of 4 side steer roadster had been failing for one reason or another. Check out my adds and make this car a nice new home!!!!

Adds #'s 940580 , 940578

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -