Drewhelm (#187375)

Old 07-27-2007, 09:48 AM
pontiac338p
SHOW GUEST

Default Drewhelm (#187375)

just wanted to put word out that approximately 3 weeks ago i bought a camshaft off drew helm on here, and still have not recieved a product even a return phone call. I sent a money order per request, and asked him to contact me when he got it. money order went out, and no emails, phone calls, or voicemails have been returned. im thankful that it wasnt a lot of money, but the principal is the same regardless. If there was some kind of issue with failure to recieve the money order or anything like that im sure i would have been notified, but as it is, i have not been contacted, and can never seem to get anything but voicemails on either phone number (which incidentally go unreturned) I'd just like to prevent this from happening to someone else. Im not slinging mud here, but i have been more than fair, and far more patient. chalk it up experience
-ADAM WOODMANCY
Old 07-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Drewhelm
SHOW GUEST

"Im not slinging mud here" I beg to differ.....you are trying to give me a bad name on here, PY, and the Pontiac Zone.

3 weeks ago??? Dude, try again...it's been 2 weeks!! I received one email from you on 7/12/2007 saying you sent the money order. I received it on Wed the 25th with a post mark of the 16th! In addition, I specifically said a POSTAL money order and you sent me a fake looking money order from a credit union I've never heard of. By the way, I have had people send me fake cashiers checks and money order in the past.... You also provided a different shipping address than your home return address on the envelope. Does that not sound suspicious?

By the way I have only gotten 1 voicemail from you and it was on Wednesday. I apoligize for not calling you back as I have been SWAMPED with work.

You will get your part once the money order clears my bank. I'm sorry if the transaction has not gone as quickly as you would want it to, but let's be honest. If you're going to try to throw someone under the bus atleast get your story straight! I have over 300 positive feedbacks on e-bay and a huge number or other successful internet transactions so don't try to protray me as a crook.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:09 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

pontiac338p sounds like a dead issue for now.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:11 PM
Phoenix69
SHOW GUEST

seems to me if the money order was just recieved and drewhelm wants to make sure it is a good money order before shipping the part to protect himself i would allow that to happen.after all there is alot of fake money orders going around
Old 07-27-2007, 01:14 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Phoenix69 your a good understanding man.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:15 PM
pontiac338p
SHOW GUEST

i can appreciate you being busy at work, and i can also appreciate you being cautious. Had i known that you were waiting for clearance through your bank, it never would have been brought up. Im just being as cautious as you are, but how was i to know when i havent heard back from you. I never realize there was a question of the authenticity on the money order. i would be more than happy to give you there phone number if you'd like. Im sorry for bringing this up, but you brought it on yourself by failing to at least let me know you had recieved payment as we had agreed. I wasnt that concerned with following all your past purchases, sales ect. because with all the info you gave me, i had faith it was and is a square deal, but then again, you never know. at least this way i may have made you angry, which im sorry for, but atleast its some kind of acknowlegment. thats all i've wanted from the beginning. As far as being busy, it took 2 hours for you to find time to respond to this, but you cant get in touch with me for a week or longer

as far as the different shipping addresses.. how the hell are you going to fit a camshaft in a mailbox, theres nobody around to sign for it when the truck comes, so i put my mail address should the money order come back to ME, and the other address is my dads shop where there is always people around to recieve it. ONCE AGAIN IM SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION, BUT HAD YOU GOTTEN AHOLD OF ME ON HERE OR BY PHONE, EITHER WAY IT COULD HAVE BEEN RESOLVED INSTEAD OF PLAYING THE MYSTERY GAME. BOTTOM LINE IS, YOUR BEING CAUTIOUS, IM BEING CAUTIOUS, AND A LACK OF COMMUNICATION CAUSED THIS. I didnt feel like calling you 30 times a day, because i know your prolly busy, and one or 30 should have the same outcome
Old 07-27-2007, 03:57 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

I have read both sides and really hate it came to this as I think there is alot of misunderstanding on both parties in this transaction is the only problem..If you both sit back and read the other parties position like it was yours then I think perhaps you both can see the misunderstandings that each of you are responsibile for...Once you do this I also think both of you can see where the problems began and it has kind of snowballed from there..

I also think when all is said and done you both will walk away having set new guidlines you will make sure your buyer or seller in your next transaction understands and that it is not to differ from your agreement...Your statements tell me that either both of you are right or both of you are wrong.... Which ever, I wish good luck to both Gentlemen
Old 07-27-2007, 04:51 PM
pontiac338p
SHOW GUEST

I apologize for it coming to this, and and i can appreciate his apprehension. Had i known there was any kind of issue, it never would have come to this, but at the time i had posted, i had no idea what was going on. all i knew was that i hadnt heard back either way, and i thought this might give me some closure which it has. at least i know he got the money order.. i had no clue if it made it to him or not, so i dont think too many people will fault me for trying to get this figured... all i wanted to know was what was happening.. thats all.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:25 AM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

number1 communication!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2007, 06:54 PM
Drewhelm
SHOW GUEST

Cam was delivered....thanks.

Drew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -