Best way to,,

Old 07-26-2007, 01:21 PM
chutepakr
SHOW GUEST

Default Best way to,,

Need advice on the best way to sell a complete race car to someone out of state. Certainly don't won't to get burned. Half paid up front and what kind of funds (cashier check ??) We would transport half way. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks
Old 07-26-2007, 04:26 PM
dizzydale
APPRENTICE

Dear Chutepacker,NEVER got burnt with cash,bank checks and or certified funds can be BAD.Make it very clear that you will take ONLY cash for the balance,sometimes THEY think cause you don't wanna drag the stuff home you will weaken and take a check,CASH ONLY.COVER your butt,NO ONE else will.diz
Old 07-26-2007, 07:16 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

If you accept a cashiers check make sure to call your bank and ask them when the check will clear and then verify that date it did clear...If you accept the check for 1/2 payment then I would want the balance in cash when we met for the exchange...also I suggest you get all the info you can about the buyer as a precaution...cash can be fake also...good luck and please post your results and the way you handled it for others to read...