No return phone call or email from hal396

Old 07-23-2007, 10:14 AM
RATZ
SHOW GUEST

Default No return phone call or email from hal396

Is it just me or has anyone else sent a message to hal396 about a 1970 Chevelle and not received any kind of answer via email or phone??? I called racingjunk and they said he has read the emails so I'm at a loss. I suspect this may be a scam and I'm curious if anyone else is having a similar problem. The ad was posted on 21 July 07 so I doubt it was sold that this quick.

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/92954...block-396.html
Old 07-24-2007, 06:28 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

i sent him a question about car and he responded to me...did he take $$$ from you or you just trying to buy his car ..his reply was short and sweet but he did reply......see below

My Messages

[ inbox | sent | trash ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Re: sale
Re: Ad #929540

On [2007-07-23 16:50:50] bjuice wrote:
> what is the bottom cash dollar you will take for the car...CASH !!!!!
>
> THANKS BRIAN

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 03-02-2009, 10:28 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/2...-427-4spd.html

Beware!!! The troll is at it again :roll:
Old 03-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I remember this dude very well... I finally got mad at him finally about 3 years ago. He always is listing chevelles & other cars at a very low price. The pictures are always at car shows... usually outdoors... personally I don't think he owns the cars.... he takes pic's & lists car show cars that will bring 30K plus & asks 10- 11,000K!! I wanted buy many of them.... he would not reply most of the time or say they were sold. I think he needs attention & is a sick person. Enough said, JMO.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:51 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
I remember this dude very well... I finally got mad at him finally about 3 years ago. He always is listing chevelles & other cars at a very low price. The pictures are always at car shows... usually outdoors... personally I don't think he owns the cars.... he takes pic's & lists car show cars that will bring 30K plus & asks 10- 11,000K!! I wanted buy many of them.... he would not reply most of the time or say they were sold. I think he needs attention & is a sick person. Enough said, JMO.

Kinda like the guys who store (display) a desirable car out in plain public view to draw folks in to 'inquire' ( pay attention to the owner ). And that car ends up rusting beyond saving or the owner dies.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 03-03-2009, 07:50 PM
mep
JOURNEYMAN

Default hal396

I had the same experience with him. He listed a 56 hardtop under another name and described it as a 55. When I tried to advise him of the error my message came back saying he blocked me. Must be because I had told him to get a life throught the message system and he told me to get a life, a**hole. He is a nut case but RJ will not blackball him since he is not breaking the law, or hasn't been convicted of anything. He needs mental help. JMO mep
Old 03-04-2009, 08:35 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Mep-

Personally, I hope he sees this thread & knows that people are on to him. He really wasted alot of my time when I was ready, willing & able to buy a car. You are correct; he does use other names to disguise who he is... but his cars are all the same... show quality, outdoors most of the time @ shows, not his cars & listed for about 1/3rd of real value. He is a STROKER & needs to get a life.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:48 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Even if he's not breakin the law I dont understand why RJ wont stop the ads, if they are fictious and under false pretense?

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 03-04-2009, 09:42 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

AGREED....false advertising.....misrepresentation...falsely claiming ownership of property and posting said property for sale.....

Can we add any more ?
Old 03-04-2009, 01:37 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Look, I hear your concers Harbone & Double-D... but I asked the same question when I was upset at the time too. Hal396 turned me into the Mods because I began sending him "not so nice" e-mails & calling him out on every ad he posted. At the time I was warned to stop sending the messages (I was out of line truthfully). The Mods at the time told me the reason why they could not remove Hal396... at the time, it made sense to me. In the Mods defense, I think our request my be over simplified. It is a "Free" classified web-site. This means that RJ can't be responsible for everything that happens & they sure as hell don't want to get into a libility or discrimination lawsuit (the crazy folks like Hal396 have enough time & are crazy enough to cause) for some free ad that is tough to prove isn't his or stop it when there are probably others too. I could be wrong, but I think because it is a free web-site, that limits the boundaries of what they can do. Anyways, I sent him messages (Hal396) on several cars (mostly Chevelles) that I had CASH IN HAND TO BUY. Each time, sometimes even an hour after the oringinal ad/post, I got a lame excuse about the car being sold or no returned calls. I was pissed... he even would tell me that he had another car & would post that one soon... same thing. I was chasing down ghost-cars that did not even belong to him. HAL396: if you see this, I hope someone finnaly beats you down for posting thier car for sale one of these days... there are only so many car shows you can go to before somebody is on to your BS. Scooter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -