Ashley Force crash

Old 07-23-2007, 06:09 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Ashley Force crash

Man oh Man. I don't know if she has a clue. I just hope she stays in her lane and doesn't hurt anybody. I really think she should have driven a alcohol funny car first. So far this year she drove into the other lane, hit the wall and now hit the wall head on. I just get tired of hearing all the hipe on her. There are guys out there that deserve the press and recognition and she's getting it instead. It's not fair to the guys that have to bust there butt's. I think John is making a mistake. I think you can tell she doesn't have enough strength to drive when these monsters get out of shape. They all think she's a great driver but that's when the car goes straight. I've got nothing against her I just don't want somebody to get hurt. Only my opinion.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:22 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Vince i AGREE with you 100%....

WE ARE ALL good drivers when the car goes straight......i too think John has made a huge mistake by trying to make history with his Daughter..i got a thread something like this started a few months back and it got some mixed reviews but for the most part there was a general consensus......
I hope this doesn't happen but i am afraid she is going to get seriously hurt or get someone else hurt....i DO NOT think any driver can handle those monsters when they get totally out of shape (phyiscally) but i do think the more experienced guys maintain their ability to think the situation thru enabling them to get thru the situation better then it could have turned out....i think where the experience comes into play is when something happens so suddenly the reasoning process of the Brain doesn't have time to think or process the situation at hand....thats where the RE-ACTION part of the brain comes into play that is developed over years of experience......i think we can all relate to this on some scale with different situations in our life...

my 2 cents..

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 07-23-2007, 09:30 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I too watched the accident and was amazed the she wasn't hurt, But that part is the good side of the accident. In each of her incidents they have been related to like of experience and her ability to out think what the car will do next. I don't know if there's a way to practice these incidents except by just driving until it happens.
I think the real problem is with what NHRA has done this yr. with the rule changes and that is to make a top 8 count down to the final. This has put too much pressure on everyone who's not in the field of 8 at this time. If you've been watching everone is driving the cars like they stole them and are doing anything they can to get down the track even if they have lost cylinders, blown head gaskets or no matter as long as it's still pulling they are pushing. I'm not sure i understand this rule but it sounds like a person that's not in the top 8 by Indy, could win the rest of the races and not be the champion in the end, and that to me SUCKS.

Just my .02

Zip.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:42 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

GEE----I THINK THE TESTING AND LICENSE PROGRAM IS NOT DOING IT'S JOB!!!!---HER DAD GOT HER IN THE POSITION/ HE COULD GET HER OUT!!!!SHE WILL HURT SOMEONE ELSE OR WORST BEFORE SHE LEARNS OR HE LEARNS[ IT IS HIS CAR]---MY 2 CENTS AND MORE---DENNIS
Old 07-23-2007, 05:44 PM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default ashley

as a funny car owner and driver i can talk about the way these things are. one minute they are fine the next they eat you! theres no way she will be able to react as her dad does or anyone else with"experience" andeven then the experienced drivers get hurt, burned or worse. but there is really no way to get the experience except to get in the dragons mouth and do it. its like dont get in the water unless you can swim. i agree with the above a alcohol funny would have been a great learning tool .funny cars are something not to be taken lightly they do have a mind of there own and will speak it every run. hopefully after every thing settles down someone will do something about her before something else happens. i know we are all racers and when it comes to elmination we all go somewhat to the extreme to try to win but we also know when to lift and race another day well at least some of the wise old guys do lol. ive lost several races due to the car just getting out of shape and maybe i could have saved it and won the race but why? life is to short and besides i can come back and race another day . i hate wrecking a perfectly good race car just to win a round that even if i won wouldnt pay enough to repair the car much less the hospital bills if something bad happened maybe im getting alittle wiser in my old age, but i dont have anything to prove to anyone! i dont think john is thinking clearly but maybe he will now. i think she is a good driver but put her in a dragster before she hurts herself or someone else. just my 2 cents
Old 07-23-2007, 06:01 PM
jbsjunk
EXPERT BUILDER

One thing I've wondered, when she cracks a car up, does John dock her allowance? Ground her? :lol:

The old saying still works in this case "You gotta learn to crawl before you can walk."
Old 07-24-2007, 03:06 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

I agree she should have started with a little tamer beast first and worked her way up to a fuel car or better yet a dragster.
She is a high profile figure and she's going to be under allot of scrutiny. I mean I wouldn't wanna be in her shoes, can you imagine the pressure to perform following in her dad footsteps and sponsors breathing down your neck. Bottom line, there is no subsitute for experience and she is getting some school of hard luck first hand and in the long run everybody will benefit from it if she doesnt get hurt or hurt someone else first.
I'm sure John doesn't like that the fact she has trashed several cars and isnt living up to his and the sponsors expectations, but then again thats racing.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:16 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
MASTER BUILDER

people wreck somtimes folks, shes a good driver i think and even the most veteran drivers crash somtimes but its the 1's who learn from it who are good 1's. Its funny to see peeps bashing ashley when they think they know what ther talkin bout bcuz they watch it on tv. she wouldnt have got her liscence if she couldn drive
Old 07-24-2007, 01:06 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

I DISAGREE 100% ON THAT STATEMENT---I HAVE SEEN SEVERAL QUOTE GOOD DRIVERS WHO GOT THERE LICENSE AND SHOULD NOT HAVE----IF YOU CAN'T DRIVE WITH THE RIGHT ABILITIES THEN GO BACK DOWN AND START WITH SOMETHING EASIER!!!--AND ALOT OF US ARE NOT '''PEEPS'' AS YOU SAY /WE LEARNED FROM THE BOTTOM UP AND STOPPED WHEN WE SHOULD HAVE----PRIDE GETS INTO ALOT OF DRIVERS AND SPONSERS HEAD AND THEY BECOME UNSAFE!!!!!!==[LIVELY]---[OVER 30 YEARS OF RACING]
Old 07-24-2007, 02:53 PM
bignastygs
SENIOR BUILDER

I agree with both sides on this. She has to be sorta good at driving or she wouldn't be driving any type of car,but I think she should have taken smaller steps. As for pride, I have a statement I use on my coworkers about it.

Pride is like Vomit... Its easier to spit it out than swallow it..

I hope she decides to go back a level or so before getting hurt or hurting anyone else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -