final 8 countdown

Old 07-23-2007, 04:58 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

Default final 8 countdown

what do you all think abought the final 8 countdown for nhra championship, I myself think it is stupid as hell ,sometimes they come up with stuff, that is all to make it like a soap ophra, and this is one of them, in my oppinion. In my oppinion you should race for points from start to finish period!!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 05:06 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Mark,

I agree 100%...the only thing that will keep the below 8th coming to races is to maintain their sponsors.
If not for that I bet none of them would even show up the the last events.

I quit watching Nascar when they started their stupid rule about the race to the final whatever.

I feel it is going to hurt the sport instead of helping it.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:53 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

I think it's stupid. I don't understand the advantage of doing it. Why mess with something that has worked fine for years. :roll:
Old 07-23-2007, 10:47 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

BIG MONEY BABY!!!!!!!!!---JUST LIKE MOST EVERYTHING NHRA AND NASCAR DOES[[THEY SET THE RULES /YOU USE THERE APPROVED PARTS/YOU USE THEIR APPROVED SPONSERS--THEY MAKE MONEY ALL THE WAY AROUND!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ]--LIVELY
Old 07-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

IVE BEEN WAITING FOR A CHANCE TO BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NHRA SUCKS!!! I AND EVERYONE I TALK TO SAYS WHATS WITH THE 8, TO 4 TO 1, IT SUCKS HARD. ALSO IM SICK OF THE COVERAGE ( ACCORDING TO NHRA) OF PRO STOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! I CANT STAND WHEN PROSTOCK FINALLY COMES ON, AND THEY INTERVIEW A TOP FUEL OR FUNNY CAR PERSON DURING THE PROSTOCK RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DAM THAT MAKES ME MAD I COULD CHEW GLASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 04:09 PM
etbird
MASTER BUILDER

Yes I agree the final 8 is stupid, and prostock is my favorite class and they always gloss over it.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:51 PM
ash
MASTER BUILDER

Amen!.....gentlemen. I have to agree with ALL your statements. While big money controls the event coverage, we pay for it by buying from the very companies that sponsor the event. It's a case of the poor supporting the rich. :shock: It's probably the main reason that I'll only watch the Sportsman classes at the tracks. :wink:
Old 07-24-2007, 09:57 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

I agree 100% all this chase crap has both sports all screwed up.
Not sure why nhra went to it, I guess they are playing follow the leader because nascar went to it.
I think in drag racing it makes for unsafe racing because the pressure to get down the track and cop a win is making them drive very dangerously. I have seen so many near misses this year with pedal fests it isnt even funny. things are going to get out of hand and somebody is gonna get hurt or die for it. Not me I'll lift and race another day, a round win is not worth my life or a trashed out ride.
And really STFU when pro stock comes on, its the only reason I watch nhra races anymore.
Wonder if Erica Enders regrets stepping out of the Slammers Cagnazzi ride? Biggest mistake of her career maybe? Go Dave Connely!!!!!!! oh and u2 jeggy.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:13 PM
ratfink1969
APPRENTICE

I love to see this topic up here. I told myself I'd wait a year or 2 before I decide if I like it or not. My gut reaction with that this is stupid and sucks but I'll wait and see. Just to play devils advocate I will say that I don't ever remember a year when points and championships were discussed this much this early in the year.
As a Ron Capps fan I think the rule really sucks at this point but on the other hand as a WJ fan it may be the only shot at the next championship. If anybody thinks that Greg Anderson and Jason Line are not in "TEST MODE" is just kidding themselves they have way better cars than they are showing at this time.
Just my .02
Ryan
Old 07-26-2007, 02:23 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

I'm not so sure I agree with you on the "TEST" mode, besides why would they "TEST" on one of their own races?
I'm sure it was a pretty big embarrasment to see that Jegs car do so good and have an all Cagnazzi final on their own race.
The frustration I seen on Greg's and Jason's face looked very real to me.
Think about it, why would Greg Anderson intentionally show up with a weak set up or car? This is a guy who want's every win he can. as far as Jason line is concerned he's just been flat out beat on the tree, how many red lights and holeshot losses is that now? Jason has had the performance edge most of the time but lacks the discipline on driving that Greg has shown in the past. I think that big number one on his car means out !st.
Now your seeing a shift on the part of the other teams making the nescessary performance gains and catching some breaks and skillfull driving to be a factor against the dream team. It was bound to happen anyway, no one person or team can dominate this class for too long. This is gonna make for interesting points battle if they dont step up their game or get out of their "TEST" mode soon.
Just my opinion. Charles