roller lifters

Old 07-22-2007, 07:32 AM
demented
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default roller lifters

I'm looking to find out what some guys think as far as what roller lifter is better. I have always used the crower lifters with hippo oiling. this time I was thinking of trying the new isky red zone lifters. Which ones are having less problems or do you have your own favorite that are worth trying?Let me know. Thanks
Old 07-22-2007, 02:04 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

That's a pretty good question, i've been wondering the same thing. i've been running comp-cam lifters, but have 2 sets of used lifters in good condition. (1) crower and (1) isky red zone, one of these are going in my in my 434" motor that's on the engine stand, that is if they will work. I'm not sure if they will because i have a set of brobix 10 rp's and may require offset lifters. In fact i'm not sure what rockers i can run yet, and Brodix can only tell me i have to run offset rockers but can't tell me how much offset i need. It's a fit together setup and i guess i'll know when the new head gaskets come so i can finish the assy.
If i had the money i would go to the larger .875 lifters because i know they would be better due too the larger roller.

Zip.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:59 PM
demented
JUNIOR BUILDER

I've used numerous different lifters in the past, but the last two sets I had were the crower's with the hippo oiling. These are excellent lifters. But I do have to upgrade this time to an offset lifter and one that can handle 900 lbs. of open pressure. I have heard the Isky lifters are the best to have in this situation but am skeptical about buying them because they are fairly new on the market. Has any one used these? Good, bad Or indifferent, I kind of would like to know. Also has anyone bought the needleless roller upgrade they offer? Is it worth the money? Seems like a sound investment ,but being new on the market, questions arise.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:00 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

IMO in this order Morel, Crower, Comp are the best

Morel makes lifters for a several different companys. Comps are made right here where I live and I will run them but never over 100 passes. I have never ran the Isky's just because all the guys around me that have ran them all call them Risky's
Old 07-23-2007, 04:13 AM
perfconn
JOURNEYMAN

Zipper06,
The .875 lifters don't have a larger roller.You have to go up to the .904 lifter to get a larger roller on the end.The .842 and the .875 have the same diameter roller.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:45 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by perfconn
Zipper06,
The .875 lifters don't have a larger roller.You have to go up to the .904 lifter to get a larger roller on the end.The .842 and the .875 have the same diameter roller.
Thanks (perfconn),
I was not aware of that, i guess the .875's are just a repair fixer. i know that that it cost lot's of money to move up to the .904's due to having to rebore the lifter bores and not many shops are equipped to do this. I have 3 CNC Fadals available to me but no 3rd axis, so i can't do my own. I do have an EDM hole popper, so i make mine priority oiling to the rollers which extends the life a little. I do this also on my solid lifters.

Zip.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:05 AM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

I love the lifters I use. The only problem is that the company will only do business with known engine builders. If you are a professional engine builder and have some sort of proof, contact me and I can share this source. If not the best I can do is take orders and sell.

The .842 size has handled 380 # seat and over 1,000 lbs open with lifts of over .940 with no issues for a full season and they are supposed to be rebuildable.

The .904 size was handled 470# seat and above 1250 lbs open with lifts of over 1 inch for a season and looked good.

These do use internal oil channels to oil the rollers and are a cut-away design similar to the Crower Hippo or Isky Red-Zone. The price is a little less than the either of those but is not cheaper like the Crane or the Comp.

EaCH ORDR IS A DIFFERENT PRICE DEPENDIONG OF WHAT IS NEEDED i.e. sTRAIGHT oFF-SET SIZES LIFTER BODY HT ETC. (Caps lock sorry).

If you are in business as an engine builder please send me phone or email and I will turn you on to this product. If you are individual, I can not, becuase of the supplier's policies.

Ed
Old 07-23-2007, 11:08 AM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

There is a guy on a Ford Board that makes a kit to change the lifter bores by using a pilot reamer and other tools that costs appx 399.00 to 499.00 but I have not yet tried them. I am considering it though.

If interested, post it, or send me pm, and I will see if I can again find the info about it.

Ed
Old 07-23-2007, 02:52 PM
demented
JUNIOR BUILDER

What about these Morel Lifters. I've never heard of them. Are they descent? Where can I find out about them?
Old 07-23-2007, 02:55 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

My new lunati's I got from APD are morels

www.apdracing.com
www.nyesautomotive.net

They both have them and I am sure would sell you a set. I know APD had a set in a 565 big duke motor last year with well over 300 passes on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -