do you think this might be a scammer wanting to buy my truck

Old 07-18-2007, 05:09 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

Default do you think this might be a scammer wanting to buy my truck

Subject: GET BACK TO ME ASAP..
Re: Ad #925975

Hello Dealear,
How are you and your work there..i hope every thing is going well if so glory be to almighty God..plz i want to know if you still have the Car forsale..i want to know the presently condition of the car also how much are willing to sell it out last..Do you accept certified cashier check as mode of payment then can you pls send me more pics of the car so that i can see how it look like..About the shipping i will be responsible for that once you got the payment my shipping company will come for the pick up..so if you are still interested in selling the item kindly get back to me with your full name and full address also with your contact phone number so that the payment can be mailed out to you once i get the information..Thanks so much.
I will expecting your lovely reply soonest..hope to read from you.
Best Regards.
WELL I THINK IT IS LOL !!!!!WHAT A JOKE
Old 07-18-2007, 05:12 PM
jbsjunk
EXPERT BUILDER

Yup, scam. You can string them along if you'd like. :lol:
Old 07-18-2007, 05:37 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

bigray, I am so sure it is a scam I would bet the family farm on it...and you know I been around the bend on this stuff....have fun with him, but do not give him any information about yourself...
Old 07-18-2007, 05:45 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

yep here you go.

From: grcmarian To: rlmotorsports Date: 2007-07-18 21:17:36
Subject: GET BACK TO ME ASAP..
Re: Ad #926362

Hello Dealear,
How are you and your work there..i hope every thing is going well if so glory be to almighty God..plz i want to know if you still have the Car forsale..i want to know the presently condition of the car also how much are willing to sell it out last..Do you accept certified cashier check as mode of payment then can you pls send me more pics of the car so that i can see how it look like..About the shipping i will be responsible for that once you got the payment my shipping company will come for the pick up..so if you are still interested in selling the item kindly get back to me with your full name and full address also with your contact phone number so that the payment can be mailed out to you once i get the information..Thanks so much.
I will expecting your lovely reply soonest..hope to read from you.
Best Regards.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:48 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

looks like twins to me :!:
Old 07-18-2007, 06:04 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Yep that's why i posted it .
don't you just love these guy's
I have a tendency to mess with them a little bit just for the fun of it
Old 08-05-2007, 04:27 PM
adillm
SHOW GUEST

Default scam!!!

Here is how this scam works. (Someone tried this with me a year ago). The certified check you will receive is a forgery. You will be instructed that since the buyer is going to pay the shipping up front, it will be included. The shipping amount usually exceeds the selling price. You will be expected to deposit the fake check into your bank account (which takes about ten days to clear), and immediately send the shipping amount to a fake address of his shipper. Did you catch the scam, trade a bad check for a good one!!!! The person sending the emails is not in this country, they will never come for your car. They will get very persistent about you sending funds to them for the shipping. I called the bank that the check was drawn on to find out that the woman I spoke with at the bank had 12 of these checks on her desk with the same check number. The sad thing is that those people had fallen for the scam and lost their money!! This idiot that tried it with me actually sent me a second check from a different bank that was just as good as the first. Just tell him you sold the car. The FBI can not help, but they know all about it.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:46 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Seen it on Date Line two weeks ago it's coming from Africa.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:25 PM
vincef
JUNIOR BUILDER

I would tell them I never recieved the checks. Let them keep resending - has to cost them money.

Not sure I would do this at my home address... maybe have them send to a PO Box or BS address like the North Pole....

Once they get really pissed after sending three or four times - tell 'em no deal and to hit the highway. PS - best way to tell them is using THREATENING, DEFAMATORY, & OBSCENE wording. Things not allowed on this forum - lol!
Old 08-06-2007, 04:45 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

vincef you got to do it that would be some funny stuff an let us know how it goes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -