does this happen to you

Old 07-17-2007, 08:46 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

Default does this happen to you

does this happen to you, today wirring up headlights, plug in solder gun, grab solder, go in to check e-mails on putter, before that fill up coffee mug, finish checking e-mails, go out in garage to finish wirring job were is solder, check tool box, crawl in race car, check on roof, under it, back to tool box, back to race car, go to computter, damn it was in house, back out in garage, tool box, race car, under car, on roof, back in house, damn I need a drink of coffee, there it is my solder next to my coffee maker the one place I set it down, The one place I didnt look This getting older stuff is a challenge some times and I am only 41 LOL
Old 07-17-2007, 09:14 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Mark..it happens all the time over here...i spend more time running down a $2.00 part that you can imagine.....there is NOTHING easy about putting together your own stuff..i been doing this since the early 80's..not always had a shop..straddled ditches, used tree limbs for pulling motors,i built my 70 camaro at age 16 in side yard and would cover the thing up a tarp after i was done...
i have the ut-most respect for people like yourself who get in there and try to get the job done...i have seen some of the best looking hot rods come out of a carport.....hey that were DEAN MOON STARTED "Moon eye's"...i guess what i am saying is the tools do not make the man or do the work for that matter ...lol...

hey listen to this...My buddy several years ago put together his Big block chevy in his laundry room and when he got it all together he could not get it out of the room...yes doors came off and some carpenter work had to be done....

LOL..
Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 07-17-2007, 09:31 AM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

You yuggins don't know what bad memeory is yet, just wait til til til til til ah hell with it....I went upstairs the other day to look for some puter parts and there set a whole desk top system....of course I said, where did this come from??? Well I found out, I had it built about 5 years ago and still don't remember any of it...now that is forgeting :lol:
Old 07-17-2007, 09:59 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

perry thats some funny crap right there!!!
Old 07-17-2007, 10:15 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

thats call oldtimers diease.....lol ....hey were did my teeth go ?????

Old 07-17-2007, 11:03 AM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

Heck , Spib, I spend most of the day looking for stuff, parts, tools, tape measure.... coffee.....
Cant find something, look all over, go buy a new one, then the old one turns up....never fails.....
Old 07-17-2007, 11:46 AM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Default My oleman and his teeth

I got to add this one...My ole man, bless his soul, had false teeth and he was always losing them...He only wore them when he ate...But the last time I remember seeing them they were laying in the front seat of a 64 Falcon and he knew exactly where they were...Yes lively a 64 Falcon :lol:..If I have shared that before forgive me, but it is funny...
Old 07-17-2007, 12:01 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: My oleman and his teeth

Originally Posted by lotsof454sss
I got to add this one...My ole man, bless his soul, had false teeth and he was always losing them...He only wore them when he ate...But the last time I remember seeing them they were laying in the front seat of a 64 Falcon and he knew exactly where they were...Yes lively a 64 Falcon :lol:..If I have shared that before forgive me, but it is funny...

lol...now thats some funny $HIT Perry !!!!!!!! lMAO...

ed---LMAO..I AM WITH YOU ON THAT ONE...i have ended up with 15 rolls of teflon tape just beacuse that same reason...and don't even start with the nuts and bolts...lol....anyone that does this stuff has to be laughing with this statement...ohhhh so true !!!!!!

Brian

Old 07-17-2007, 12:57 PM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

talk about being lost..i looked for 45min. trying to find my 7/16 wrench to hold a nut while i tighten up bolt with a socket and ratchet that i was carring in my hand..after 45min got tried of carrying ratchet around in hand as i looked for wrench..set ratchet down on bench and loard be hold there was my 7/16 wrench in the same hand as the ratchet and socket;;;and they still let me drive a car;;;lol
Old 07-17-2007, 02:55 PM
alscoupe
SENIOR BUILDER

GOD I love you guys!

It really makes me feel great knowing I'm not the only one that goes thru this $h!t. And, not only do we still drive, But we do it really really fast!

God bless you all and thanx again for welcoming me in, I really feel at home.

AL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -