going to put a safe fuel pressure swith on nos system and ?

Old 07-14-2007, 10:06 PM
badbug3
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default going to put a safe fuel pressure swith on nos system and ?

i have a plate diffuser system and i have an nos nitrous controller. ON the nos system there is one fuel solenoid and one nitrous solenoid. Ahead of those solenoids is a redudnant or safety nos solenoid that is supposdd to protect the sustem if the regular nitrous fails to shut of due to wear and tear from cycling. Wouldnt it be wiser to put the fuel pressure safty swith in the fuel right before the fuel solenoid, but use the wires to hold open the redundant nitrous solenoid since if is the first one to let out nitrous and is the most safetest to use imo. Any inputs on this? Also my system call for a fuel pressure of 5.8lbs of pressure. What would be the riight safety switch setting to use for this and do they stay stable and acutally staw working at the level that their set for?
Old 08-07-2007, 02:49 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Bad bug i am trying to get a picture of your set up up in my mind ???i am struggling a little here...'wording".....

the fuel saftey switch ( HOBB) switch..should be wired as a complete in-line circuit before the fuel (nos) selenoid...they are pre-set from the factory at 4.0 to 4.5 lbs of fuel pressure..if the fuel pressure drops below this level it will break the circuit...i have seen some people have problems from these switches and some that do not..

i am just curious..how do you have your NOS set up ?...from fuel pump forward...and do you 'FLOW' your NOS....When i say "FLOW" I MEAN A "TRUE/BLUE" FLOW TESTING under full throttel conditions ?

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-07-2007, 07:16 PM
badbug3
JUNIOR BUILDER

man, that was a confusing paragraph, sorry, what i meant was, do i wire the safety hobb switch to shut off the redundant safety nitrous solenoid, or the nitrous solenoid used on the nitrous plate?
Old 08-07-2007, 11:28 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

I'd kill all 3 of 'em.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:48 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

i am with Terry..if you use a good fuel supply (dedicated) or a big enough pump to handle the motor and the nos..then i would also DO AWAY with all of the safety switches...but if you are dead set on running one of them..i would go with the hobb.

my opinion.

thanks Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-10-2007, 04:07 AM
us7race
EXPERT BUILDER

I think I would wire it inline with your WOT switch. So it kills it there
"like you let off the throttle"..