leaking trailer roof help!!!

Old 07-13-2007, 03:45 PM
gmare588
APPRENTICE

Default leaking trailer roof help!!!

hi, well it appears by the 3 ceiling panels that are water damaged that the roof leaks.i got up on the roof and there are several small holes (actually more than several) , so i would be looking at some type of a roll on type sealant?? a few people have told me about cool seal, sold at lowes.i got on their website and it did not say if it would bond to the silicone/rtv sealant around the roof vents or edges of the trailer where the trailer mfg applied this sealant.i would like to know if anyone here has used this product and how was this sealant to apply and did it seal well??
any helpful input pros/cons on this sealant would be helpful. THANKS
GMARE588
Old 07-13-2007, 03:50 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

when you say small holes..please tell me how small you are talking about and how many of them? ..and i will tell you how i would handle if it were mine.

thanks brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 07-13-2007, 04:56 PM
gmare588
APPRENTICE

hi,the size of the holel are 1/16 x 3/16.i think that these hole were made when i was using the snow rake/hoe to remove the snow from the roof.THANKS gmare588
Old 07-13-2007, 06:10 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

oK...the very best thing that you could posibly do is have the tiny holes welded up....if you cannot get that done...then use a 2 part expoxy such as ( JB WELD)...fill the holes with this epoxy after thorughly cleaning the area to be sealed...the epoxy will harden like steel and will hold for a looooong time......then if you want to place some roll on sealer on the Roof then by all means please do so...but those holes are Big Enough to where they need a proper seal..othwer than a roll on sealer

thats how i would handle if it were mine..

Thanks Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 07-13-2007, 07:00 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

My friends cart trailer leaked, we finally got it stopped by removing the ceiling panels. Then we thouroughly cleaning the top and bottom of the roof. Next we applied a brush on bedliner material on both sides. After it dried we cool sealed the top. Reinstalled the ceiling panels and away we went.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:43 AM
gmare588
APPRENTICE

hi,good ideas and thank you for the replies. gmare588
Old 07-14-2007, 04:43 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

I have a lot of snow were I live, I use a broom or a plastic shovel for snow removel, a rake is not the best
Old 07-16-2007, 07:56 PM
mountie
SHOW GUEST

I repaired a motorhome roof with some neat material... It's a peel-n-stick flexible / white "roof repair" patch. Go to an RV place & they should have it. If you are worried about the silicone, just patch past it.