Thread: nail hole

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

nail hole

have a nail hole in one slick. can you patch it or not. i,ve been told you can but is it going to cause problems. they are on a high 11sec s10.

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    I seen a friend at the track put a plug in one last weekend and it help up fine. The car runs 7.50's in the 1/8th.

don't think i'd try a plug but the guys at our tire shop at work think it would work. will try it and keep an eye on it. thanks for the reply.

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    I have heard both ways. Some will tell you no. I know one racer that swears he has used plugs multiple times and never had a problem.
    You can accomplish almost anything if you throw enough money at it!

Member JUNIOR BUILDER
    I was told patches won't work as tires too thin? I have personally run a plugged slick for half a season with no issues. Hell, after the first burnout it molds to the tire and you probably won't even be able to find it again. Still have those slicks as back ups, matter of fact.
    :twisted:
    -Tanner

slicks don't have enough rubber inside them to mech buff so you have to use a liquid buffing solution. as for a plug, if i use one it would prob be safety seal by north shore labs in an emergency only. i've used them in my DD and anything else tubless. i'll use the patch for these as i'm just using them to see what size and type i want to end up with. wish me luck. thanks, Charlie

thanks, gonna try it sunday. will be 100*plus, so I guess it'l be a real test.