Am I just getting too frustrated???

Old 07-10-2007, 04:06 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Default Am I just getting too frustrated???

Here is the ad# 877588.

I actually took all my ads down. Here is my thoughts. This car has very few runs on it. It was bought from a friend who raced the car new 6 times at best. I owned it for 2006 and this year. It would cost over $30K to put this car together new. I can't figure out why I can't get any calls or have it sold. The car is name brand, it is suspended and has most the options people are looking for. I got the car for an incredible by and have it priced where I am still making a buck and passing along a killer deal. I am so frustrated right now I took all my ads down. Help me out here. Thanks
Old 07-10-2007, 04:26 PM
jbsjunk
EXPERT BUILDER

You can get hundreds of hits, but you only need one message to sell it. I know, getting that one message can be a pain in bad places. Been there. Eventually that one did show. Have patience, This may not be the best time to sell, and it is a nice car. If you have the room to sit on it for a few months, try again come fall and spring.

Good luck. 8)
Old 07-10-2007, 04:28 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

What Jeff said!

Very nice car, it WILL sell!
Old 07-10-2007, 04:30 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Thank you for the positive feedback. Looking at the ad, is there something I can do differently that will help?
Old 07-10-2007, 04:34 PM
jbsjunk
EXPERT BUILDER

Don't over pay for your next car. Why buy a 2002 or 2003 car for $22,000 when you can have an 05 dual suspended car.
I'd say delete this part. Kinda makes it sound like it's sitting on a car lot.

Have all the positives about the car, even the negatives. It'll sell itself that way. How it drives, what times it's turned, etc.

Anyone else?
Old 07-10-2007, 04:42 PM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

I have a feeling you are not being totally upfront about the car.What year was the basic chassis before the two updates. I dont know anyone with a font suspended car and my thoughts are that it does not work. You said nothing about what the car runs and if it is consistant. I have heard of Danny Nelson Racecraft but it may only be popular in your area. I saw Danny race a brand new car last year at the 100,000 race at Memphis, he runnered up but it was not a font suspended car
Old 07-10-2007, 05:03 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by davis419b
I have a feeling you are not being totally upfront about the car.What year was the basic chassis before the two updates. I dont know anyone with a font suspended car and my thoughts are that it does not work. You said nothing about what the car runs and if it is consistant. I have heard of Danny Nelson Racecraft but it may only be popular in your area. I saw Danny race a brand new car last year at the 100,000 race at Memphis, he runnered up but it was not a font suspended car
As for the dates, I did miss it in that ad and did ad the text in all my other ads that I had run such as 917359. The car is not misrepresented at all. The base chassis is a 2005 car as stated. I even talked to Danny Nelson direct and he told me that if anyone was interested in the car to supply the chassis tag info and have them call or email him. I can't believe you have not heard of Racecraft since he has been in this business as a top chassis builder since the early 90's if not sooner. He is noted as the original slip joint chassis designer. If you don't know anything about the front suspension, wouldn't you ask instead of making the assumption it does not work. That is just my thought. I would gladly point you to Ricky Adkins who is a multi-time TD dragster champion and to Dan Davies of Diamond Racecars who both utilize this design. I would even suggest you check dragraceresults.com for info. But if you don't ask, you won't know. I guess that is my thought process and I am wrong in my assumption that someone would ask. I did not give ET's because the focus is to sell roller or with trans. I listed turnkey as an option as it was asked at 1 time. I do appreciate your feedback. Everything helps. Thanks.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:24 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

WHAT THE RAIL DID ON IT'S RUNS IS VERY IMPORTANT!--RESULTS ARE EVERYTHING TO MOST RACERS--YOU CAN HAVE THE VERY BEST OF EVERYTHING AND NOT GET THE RIGHT RESULTS AND THE VALUE WILL PLUMMET FAST!!---DAVIS419B WASN'T BEATING ON YOUR CAR HE WAS JUST GIVING AN HONEST OPINOIN ON YOUR ADD :? :? --[NEW IS NEW IF NOT IT IS USED]--I BUY AND SELL ALOT AT TIMES AND IT TAKES PATIENCE/NERVES/ AND WILLING TO DEAL IN WAYS YOU DID NOT PLAN ON AT TIMES---YOU POSTED SOME NICE PICS AND DESCRIBED THE CAR WELL ,JUST HANG ON AND MAYBE THINGS WILL CHANGE :shock: 8)MY 2 CENTS AND HONEST OPINION-LIVELY
Old 07-10-2007, 05:35 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Lively, thank you for the response. I sent a message to davis419b. I did not want him to take my reply wrong. He responded right away. I did not plan on selling turn key but was asked so I did not post any numbers. For those that wonder, the car runs 8.0's consistently thru out the summer. In the early spring and late fall it will run 7.90's at 167-169 mph. Car 60 foot time is 1.15 and is 5.0's thru the 1/8 mile at 134-135mph.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:23 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Shawn I cant bieleve this car isnt gone already. Danny Nelson cars likely have won more races in the country then anything. Its a sharp car for sure. My issue when selling my nelson with diamond backhalf was the fact it had been cut up and stuff added to it. I did alright on that car $13,500 minus rims/tires and elect. I'd keep the price where it is and just keep it on here nothing is selling right now.

The front suspension isnt really a new idea but really is coming on strong now because less weight and has the same idea. Danny Nelson Racecraft sells as many or more cars then any builder in the country. They flat out work and price isnt bad either. A fellow racer just got dual suspended diamond says its the best thing he has ever drove

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -