Thread: relay for headlights

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

relay for headlights

need to get a relay so I can wire up headlights, any ideas size would need, something from summit or jegs

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    You can get any bosch type relay from most parts stores, I usually get the 30 amp version, but it's your standard relay. I have a diagram at work that shows what pole goes where. Easy stuff, done a bunch of them.

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    I used a relay out of a fog lite kit. It's 30amp too. Used the kit's diagram, just factory dash switch instead of toggle. Works great and it was junk I had laying around.
    I don't want to arrive at the pearly gates in perfect shape, rather I want to come sliding in, all burnt up, screaming "WHAT A RIDE"!

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    The 87a terminal is normally not used. It is used as a aux trigger in some apps.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    thanks guys need lights the return road at one of my tracks is damn dark, coundnt see crap , lights , i need also need to anyways street legal LOL