SCAMMED BY thejdge

Old 06-22-2007, 06:08 AM
ardyboy
APPRENTICE

Default SCAMMED BY thejdge

i bought a MSD 7al2 from this lowlife--he was in a hurry for me to paypal him because he was leaving the next day for vacation. i asked him to ship immediately because we needed the part. he promised shipping the next morning. i waited three weeks and got an excuse that it was returned by ups but he never provided a shipping number. i'm still waiting and it's in the hands of paypal--he will not return my messages--scammed for $275
ad number is 891467
john reid
Old 06-22-2007, 07:48 AM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

What would you like us to do with no information?The add was deleted # 891467

This is why I always reccomend the links to be posted,They can delete the add but the link will still work,where as if the add is deleted the add number won't work.

Without Names addresses landline number,etc,we can't help,maybe call pay-pal with a complaint,but you only have so much time to do that.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:02 AM
fifty3model
APPRENTICE

Hey John..Have you filed a complaint with PayPal??...
Old 06-22-2007, 09:55 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

NO INFO ---NO CAN HELP!!!!!! :? :? :?
Old 06-23-2007, 02:01 AM
ardyboy
APPRENTICE

i have filed a complaint with paypal. his ad which i looked at on june 22 was posted by thejdge(#9952)--let me see if i can still link it

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/891467/MSD-7AL-2.html

his email address is
[email protected]

his first name is james(last name probably kimmel) and his ad say he's in Murphysboro IL
Old 06-23-2007, 04:52 AM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Lately I have noticed my add number search doesn't work,hmmm I just checked the add number again and it works now.Sorry for the confusion.

I'd say its best to just post the link anyways,saves alot of chasing
Old 06-23-2007, 06:08 AM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

If you have no luck going thru filing a lawsuit then please read the 3rd post in this section as to what law has been violated and perhaps you want to go that way...It seems when people are facing going to jail they want to not be a scammer after all and return peoples money....Funny how many times it has worked for other folks that have come here with the info of being scammed...
Old 06-23-2007, 08:54 AM
thejdge
SHOW GUEST

Let me start by saying that RJ is a great site. I have bought and sold over a hundred items on here in the last five years.

Mr. Ried forgot to mention some fine details.
ON 29MAY he said he wanted the MSD box. He is right that I told him I needed the money on sunday because I was leaving for vacation on monday. I told him I would ship them before I left. I forgot(and apparently he did to at the time), but monday was memorial day (everything is closed). So i took the box on vacation with me, and took time out of my families vacation to find a ups hub and ship it. I tracked it two weeks later and it was at the marion, IL hub. The box (and shipping label) had been damaged. They delivered it to me. I checked the contents, reboxed it and shipped it USPS.

When he says I have not returned his messages, well thats an opinion.
I let him know when it had shipped, I let him know that it had came back to me. I let him know that it had been shipped.

Ask MR. Ried to provide an email or PM that shows him asking me for a tracking number. It does not exist. The only PM's I have recieved from him say "Still Waiting", and most have been replied to.

Until today the only emails I recieved are from where he turned me into paypal. (which i have not replied to him until today because paypal states that you are not supposed to contact him once a charge has been filed)

The bos was shipped express mail by the united states postal service

When he recieves the package I expect that he will return to this post and appoligize for his words.

He did send me an email today that said he was moving forward with internet fraud charges and that he had contacted my local police dpt.

I replied that I would refund his money on WED, 27JUN if he had not recieved the box by then.

I did not find it fit that he filed all the paperwork, and then ask for a refund. Had he done that he would have saved himeself a lot of time and effort.

Again however, I will refund his money if he does not recieve the package by said date, and will expect him to return the MSD box (or the money when he does recieve the package. I will also expect an appoligy both on here, on the classified site and through email or phone call when he does receive the package

The police will be at my house at 5pm today to look and the paypal reciept, the add I posted, and my USPS receipt.

If anyone has any comments or questions, feel free to contact me on RJ, with the email he provided you, or at 618-967-5068

Thanks for your time
And have a good day

James C Kimmel Jr
620 N 17th St
Murphysboro, IL 62966
618-967-5068

Off the subject, look back in this section for a post about Lanny Blankenship who scammed me back in OCT. The headaches I went through with that, why would I put anyone else through it.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:21 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Mr. Kimmel.

You state "Let me start by saying that RJ is a great site. I have bought and sold over a hundred items on here in the last five years. "

Yet you have no profile and have NEVER made an honor payment to RJ.
Why is that?

Is it because you do not feel that this website that allows you to post ads deserves to be comensated for allowing you to post for free?

I am not taking one side over the other, but in light of the "Hundreds of items" you have bought and sold, and the help you received when you "were scammed" I am curious.

If you are as stand up as you indicate you are, then why has it been since May and we are closing in on the end of June and he does not have the msd box?

If it shipped and you had a tracking # why were you not aware of the mishap until you got the package back, and why did you not give the tracking # to your customer?

Some of this just does not add up.

Again, not taking sides, just looking for some realistic answers.

Also, ardyboy, if you do not want to continue this deal with Mr/ Kimmel, have him send you your $$$ back and pay to have the box shipped back to him after you receive it.

Oh btw, Mr. Kimmel, if you intended to sell the box to ardyboy, why is the ad still active?
Old 06-23-2007, 09:28 AM
thejdge
SHOW GUEST

Thanks for you input.
I am a RJ member, I pay them money every year. Is that not enough support?

If you read the post. I tracked it before the mishap, my friend. That is how I found out about the mishap and had it delivered to my house.

The ad is still active so everyone on this post can go there to see the add.
and the guys that bought the stuff can access my personal info

BTW. I called the express mail 1-800 number and it was delivered at 11:13 am yesterday. A USPS letter was left sayiny that they will try again the next businees day. If it fails it will be at the post office for 5 business days and then it will be shipped back to the sender.

So Mr. Ried, if you are reading this, call your buddy I shipped it to. He should have the letter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -