Thread: Holley 650 cfm marine quadrajet replacement carb

Holley 650 cfm marine quadrajet replacement carb

Anybody use one on the street, will it work out of the box or does it need re-jetting?

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    I've used plenty of spread bore's outta the box. They'll work just fine on stock motors, with a little tweekin'. Not sure what's special about "marine". Any mod's in the motor and it'll be "tune to fit".
    I don't want to arrive at the pearly gates in perfect shape, rather I want to come sliding in, all burnt up, screaming "WHAT A RIDE"!

I read on holleys site that marine carbs are tuned for constant load, automotive carbs are tuned for variable loads. Dont know if that makes much difference?

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    OUCH, fraid it might be something like that. Metering blocks and power valve differences. Make it "stumbble" off the line. Might run fine wide open, if it were race only.
    I don't want to arrive at the pearly gates in perfect shape, rather I want to come sliding in, all burnt up, screaming "WHAT A RIDE"!

thats what im thinking too :?