am I wrong here?

Old 06-08-2007, 07:43 AM
wacked
APPRENTICE

Default am I wrong here?

I talked to this guy BIGDOGB here is his add 899758-i talked to him on monday and he said he would bring his blazer down friday and be at my house saturday-keep in mind we have not seen each others cars in person this guy has no profile which i do.i took down my add and someone contacted me tuesday evening and offered me a fully tubbed 10 sec all motor fresh s10 blazer and wanted to bring it that night he was asking 11,500 for the s10 blazer.the guy brought it down and to my surprise traded me(i had a nice 96 z28 with some motor work done-clean car) and after i did the deal i emailed big dog that night which was tuesday and explained i just couldnt pass the deal up,he was not going to drive down until friday evening,i think i gave him plenty of notice and was honest about what i did-and he even told me earlier his truck was not worth 6,500 that he was asking-no look at his add he is bad mouthing me,do i deserve that? :?:
Old 06-08-2007, 09:32 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

From what you have said you had every right to first come first served.
If dog had given you a deposit then I would say you had a responsibility to hold it.

One thing I might have done differently was to email dog before you met this other guy and given him the opportunity to bring his car down the same day and allow you to choose between the two, but that is just me.

I am sure opinions on this will vary widely.

Still he should not be bad mouthing you if he is.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:50 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

WACKED---YOUR ONE STATEMENT HANGS YOU OUT TO DRY--["I TOOK DOWN MY ADD"]---SO OTHERWISE YOU WERE PLANNING ON THIS DEAL WITH BIGDOG---I KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE SAY FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BUT YOUR WORD AND ACTION YOU TOOK SAID THAT YOU WOULD WAIT TILL HE GOT THERE[--YOU DIDN'T]---YOU SHOULD HAVE NOTIFIED HIM AND TOLD HIM ABOUT THE OFFER AND WENT FROM THERE/ HE MIGHT HAVE AGREED BUT HE MIGHT NOT OF EITHER/---GOOD LUCK BUT PUT YOURSELF IN HIS SHOES BECAUSE ONE DAY IT MIGHT BE YOU ON THE OTHER END!!!---LIVELY---
Old 06-08-2007, 09:53 AM
wacked
APPRENTICE

I would have let him bring his truck but he lives in Ashville NC. which is six hours away-there was no guarantee he was going to show up,there was no guarantee i would have done the trade with him.The guy with the s10 showed up 1.5 hours after i got off the phone with him.I feel like anyone would have done the same-i got one hell of a truck out of the deal
Old 06-08-2007, 09:59 AM
wacked
APPRENTICE

whatever lively-what do you mean i should have called him,it was my car i could have done the deal and told him i wrecked the car or blew the motor to smooth things out. i was honest and gave him plenty of time to change his plans.what if he wouldnt have showed up what if,what if.i could understand if i waited until the day of the trade and did this.BOTTOM LINE WHEN I SEE SOMETHING I WANT I GO GET IT RIGHT THEN RIGHT THERE,THAT WAY I KNOW I GOT IT.BIRD IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN 2 IN THE BUSH[/img]
Old 06-08-2007, 10:03 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

I AM GLAD YOU GOT A NICE TRUCK IN THE DEAL--JUST TRY TO LEARN MORE FROM THIS EXPERIENCE--WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES AND HAVE LEARNED OVER THE YEARS---I AM GLAD YOU HAVE A PROFILE -IT HELPS OTHERS OUT WHO DEAL ON HERE/DON'T FORGET YOU HONOR PAYMENT ON YOUR TRADE THAT HELPS EVERYONE TO BE ON HERE---THANKS LIVELY
Old 06-08-2007, 10:06 AM
wacked
APPRENTICE

YES I LEARNED TO MAKE THE BEST DEAL POSSIBLE-AND THANKS BUT I DONT NEED YOU TO REMIND ME TO MAKE AN HONOR PAYMENT,I DO JUST FINE ON MY OWN.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:09 AM
wacked
APPRENTICE

[img][/img]
Old 06-08-2007, 10:12 AM
wacked
APPRENTICE

[img][/img]
Old 06-08-2007, 12:17 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Had you not come looking for opinions you would have not gotten any and I and everyone else would never known your id is mentioned in the mans ad 2 times.....And lively, you keep on reminding people about the honor payment, as I have seen you do it for over a year now whether they been on here 1 day or 4 years...Honor Payments are like paying a man for his labor, some just think they don't owe you for some reason....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -