2 bolt block??

Old 05-31-2007, 06:35 PM
dunn383
SHOW GUEST

Default 2 bolt block??

I have a 2 bolt one piece rear main seal block and am wondering how much power can it hold if I fill the block and tap the mains for 4 bolt caps? Also, how far is too far to bore the block even with it filled?
Old 05-31-2007, 08:17 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

What size block???

Small or big block?

Some information will be helpful
Old 06-01-2007, 06:44 AM
dunn383
SHOW GUEST

Sorry, its a 350 from a 1990 chevy truck. I plan to use it for racing only if I can.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:21 AM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

Check to see if that block has a place on each side for a dipstick. If it does, I wouldn't put more than a max of 550 to 600 hp to it if using a stoke stroke crank. If you want to stroke it to a 3.75 that would still be ok.

If it has only one dipstick hole it is more likely to be a USA made block and with all the previous included but with using a main cap girdle or 4-bolt or splayed caps and a block half fill with Hard Blok and fully prepped the block should be able to take 850 hp.

The SB Chevy block is one of the strongest factory SB engines there is, IF it is not made in Mexico or is a Target Block, also made in Mexico.

Warning:
I do not like aftermarket cast steel crankshafts. Factory cast iron is as good if not better. Factory nodular iron 400 SB Chevy cranks are killer and will handle anything your block can.

Ed
Old 06-02-2007, 07:07 PM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by edvancedengines
Check to see if that block has a place on each side for a dipstick. If it does, I wouldn't put more than a max of 550 to 600 hp to it if using a stoke stroke crank. If you want to stroke it to a 3.75 that would still be ok.

If it has only one dipstick hole it is more likely to be a USA made block and with all the previous included but with using a main cap girdle or 4-bolt or splayed caps and a block half fill with Hard Blok and fully prepped the block should be able to take 850 hp.

The SB Chevy block is one of the strongest factory SB engines there is, IF it is not made in Mexico or is a Target Block, also made in Mexico.

Warning:
I do not like aftermarket cast steel crankshafts. Factory cast iron is as good if not better. Factory nodular iron 400 SB Chevy cranks are killer and will handle anything your block can.

Ed
We only rate our best blocks at 600 horse with spayed center caps, front billet cap and a strap on the rear main cap and sonic tested for cylinder wall thickness.

Hell Dart only rates there Sportsman block at 900 horse and thats 10 times the block any of the 010 type blocks are and your saying its good for 850 horse.

I really need the P/N of the block your using as I guess I have been missing some thing here HMMMMMMMMM