Tell me what YOU think ??????

Old 05-28-2007, 10:31 AM
dizzydale
APPRENTICE

Default Tell me what YOU think ??????

A month ago i drove 2,500 to buy a 58 Corvette,YES it's still on Racing Junk#882776.TOTALLY misrepresented pile of DUNG.In his ad it stated he has NO time to travel and wants a NON refundable 1,000 deposit.WELL he sure had NO problem WASTING my 24 hours round trip to look at his junk.He didn't wanna give my deposit back till i told him i :evil: wasn't leaving his garage till i got my money :evil: .I just don't wanna see ANYONE else wasting their time with Travis Rupert alias LYIN SACK.Dale Grahner [email protected]
Old 05-28-2007, 10:47 AM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

http://racingjunk.com/post/882776/19...e-Chassis.html

Looks good in the pic, what's supposed to be wrong with it? Not knocking you, just asking.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:09 AM
dizzydale
APPRENTICE

YOU just said it ALL,pics lie.I thought it looked good enough to travel 1200 miles each way.WRONG.Car looks like it had 10 different owners and they ALL did their own little COB jobs and NOW all you have is a BIG mess.I will give you a couple of examples,how about the NON removable tube going over the top of the motor to the top of each strut,ALL strut cars are built like that RIGHT?How about the most forward bar of the funny car cage that was sawed out so fatso could get in and left with an inch on the top AND bottom so everytime you get in and out of the car you tear your head open and your balls off...REAL NICE.Last but most least...the cloth and resin work that looked like my dog did it with his paw and tail.ENUFF SAID.If YOU think iam exaggerating YOU take the ride for yourself.Dale
Old 05-28-2007, 11:19 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

HEY DUDE CHILL OUT !!!...TPORTER WAS JUST ASKING YOU A QUESTION...he wasn't taking sides..why do you want to SAW HIM OFF AT THE KNEE'S ???..you come on here and make a thread and ask people for their opinions then someone ask you in a KIND way what was the problem cause they saw what you saw in the pics and then you get a case of the ass...,,WHAT GIVES !!!!!! ?>??

your getting the attitude with the wrong people here....
i also looked at the ad and agree the cars looks good in the pics..but i will not ask you anything cause i do not want my a$$ jumped for giving you the opinion YOU ASK FOR TO BEGIN WITH..

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 05-28-2007, 11:36 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

SO DID YOU WANT HIM TO TAKE LESS MONEY/ DID YOU JUST GET UPSET BECAUSE IT HAD SOME UNFINISHED GRINDING THAT NEEDED DONE/WAS THE CAGE CERTIFIED/WAS THE REST OF THE CAR AS GOOD AS IT LOOKS IN THE PICS/TELL ME THE REAL PROBLEM HERE!!--DID YOU GIVE 1000.00 DOLLAR DEPOSIT JUST TO LOOK AT THIS CAR???SOMETHING DOESN'T ADD UP HERE ON ONE SIDE OR THE OTHER.. 8) 8) 8) YOU CAN BITE MY HEAD OFF BECAUSE I LIKE TO HERE THE TRUTH AND LIES THAT COME OUT OF THESE DEALS!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:BUUUUT THEN YOU MIGHT GET THE ANWERS THAT YOU MIGHT NOT WANT WE ARE HERE TO HELP- WHEN IT IS ALLOWED]
Old 05-28-2007, 11:50 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

HEY Lively...you took the words out of my mouth !!!!!...the dang Vette was worth something...Right !!!!!

sounds to me DIIZZY DUDE...should have did a little more home work or ask a little more questions...Pics could have easily exposed the areas he is speaking of or ( complaining about)....plus it was nickel and dime stuff..that is " WHAT I THINK"...

PLus the seller was generous....he COULD had made DIZZY DUDE leave his shop with just one phone call.......the ad plainly states "non -refundable deposit'.....it didn't say if you drive 1200 miles round trip and do not like what you see then you get your $$$ back if you refuse to leave the property.......

i am with you Lively something isn't right..

what i truly think is the buyer was looking for a Barret Jackson 100k car for 32k...then he got out there and got cold feet..

then he comes on here and ask : "what do you think"...then chaps Porters a$$ for asking a very legit question.......the Seller never stood a chance in my opinion..

i dealt with one pecker head like that before..and HE DID LEAVE MY SHOP !!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Brian

EDIT

I sent the seller a RJ message..lets see if he will respond and give us his story...here is a copy of the message i sent him

Subject: 2 sides of a story
Re: Ad #882776
Message: HEY A GUY IS OVER ON THE FORUM TALKING JUNK ABOUT YOU...ME AND FEW OTHERS HAVE STATED OUR OPINIONS ABOUT TRASH TALKING..YOU MIGHT WANNA CLICK ON THE FORUM AND GIVE YOUR SIDE..WE ARE SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW THERE ARE 2 SIDES.

WHEN YOU GO TO THE FORUM CLICK ON THE "SCAMMERS SECTION..HIS ONLINE NAME IS DIZZYDALE AND THE NAME OF HIS THREAD IS "TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK".

I JUST THINK YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE HEARD....

Brian

THANKS BRIAN

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 05-28-2007, 04:08 PM
dizzydale
APPRENTICE

Brian,His ORIGINAL ad never stated non refundable deposit.I did NOT mean to sound like i was biting ANYONES head off.How much homework would you like me to do from 1,200 miles away?I believed 10 digital pics were enough,MY mistake.Have ANY of you EVER taken a 2,400 mile roadtrip to only find out you were lied to????WALK a mile in my shoes,THEN come and tell me how you feel.I do not feel i should be grinding and filing old welds off a 32,000 car,i wouldn't have dragged THIS shitbox home for 3,200.diz
Old 05-28-2007, 04:28 PM
dizzydale
APPRENTICE

Brian,Re read my original post.I just do not want ANYONE else to waste their time with this CLOWN and mis-represented car.diz
Old 05-28-2007, 04:39 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

DIZZYDALE----YOU COULD HAVE CONTACTED SOMEONE ELSE TO LOOK AT IT FOR YOU BEFORE MAKING THE LONG TRIP---I WON'T TRAVEL UNTIL I HAVE LOT'S OF INFO TO SATISFY ME AND MY ????---DID HE SEND YOU PICS OF THE CAGE OR CHASSIS/DID HE TELL YOU IT HAD BEEN MODIFIED TO FIT SOMEBODY ELSES BODY??---IF I'M SPENDING THAT KIND OF MONEY I WANT LOT'S OF ANSWERS BEFORE I COMMIT ANYTHING----ALSO-WHY DID YOU PUT 1000.00 DOLLARS DOWN BEFORE SEEING IT YOURSELF OR SOMEONE ELSE CHECKING IT FOR YOU? I REALLY DO WANT TO KNOW---LIVELY IN ILLINOIS
Old 05-28-2007, 07:51 PM
rupster62
SHOW GUEST

Default My side of the story...

This is what happened...Dale called and wanted to buy the car. I told him there were two guys that were going to call me tomorrow, and he said "I want the car, what do I have to do?" I told him that whoever sends me a deposit first, or comes and picks up the car will be the one who owns it. Then he told me he would wire me a deposit. I told him $2,000. He contacted my wife for the wiring instructions, and he told her he was going to wire $2,500 to insure that he would get the car. He asked for more pictures, and we sent him over 20 pictures. I know that he could see every detail in the pictures, because he said that it took forever for them to download because the file size was so big. When he got here, he commented about the bar going across the front by the struts, and I told him, that was the way this car was built. Then I jacked it up, he looked underneath, got out, and said "you know Calvin?" I said, yes, he called about the car and was interested, and he said "you can sell him the car, I don't want it." I said, okay? Then, he told me he had some pictures of a car he has owned, and he went to his truck and showed me two 8x10's - one of an old funny car that was redone and looked more like a show car - not a race car. The second one was a 63 corvette that was his brother's car and was built one to two years ago, and it probably cost over $100,000. I am not advertising a $100,000 car. He asked no questions about the car...he was too eager to buy it. Then he said, "okay all I need is my $2,500 and I'm going to get out of here," and I said, "What? A deposit means you're going to buy the car, or you're going to lose the deposit." But evidently he thinks you can give a deposit and hold someone up for two weeks and make them lose out on other offers while he comes and tire kicks. I pulled my car off the internet, and turned down offers because I thought it was sold. No I did not say I wanted a non-refundable deposit on my ad at that time, because I thought people understood a deposit is non-refundable. I learned from this after this incident, and the disclaimer has been on my ad ever since. I even asked him when we were standing in my garage..."So you're telling me that I misrepresented this car to you?" and he said, "no, that's not what I'm saying. It's just not what I'm looking for." I haven't told ANY lies about this car. I am willing to describe it to at T to anyone, and will take as many pictures as anyone would like me to take. I have been lied to before, and driven many miles after being misrepresented to, and I would not do that to anyone. I think I'm the one losing out on this whole deal, because I gave him his $2,500 back. He asked me if he was going to have any problems cashing my check, and said no. Then he said, "you're not going to call and cancel this are you?" and I said no. And I didn't, but I could have if I was not an honest person. This was on April 7th, and I haven't heard anything from him since, until tonight when I hear that he's posting this ad talking crap on me. I don't appreciate being called a liar because I've never lied to Dale, or anyone else about this car. Thanks for letting me tell my side of the story. Travis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -