runs in clear.

Old 05-25-2007, 08:16 PM
fstbackgt68
JOURNEYMAN

Default runs in clear.

I just got down painting my car. Its base coat. The color was perfect no runs. The clear was perfect no runs. Then i wnet out this morning and runs in the clear apeared. There are liek 5 decents size ones. What is the best thing to do to get rid of them?
Old 05-26-2007, 05:25 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

the only thing you can do is cut and buff it.....the paint will ove around on the car for a good while..

brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 05-28-2007, 11:20 PM
GBoven72
JOURNEYMAN

Theres no way to tell you how to do this by writing. I use a razzor blade and scrape the top off and then sand smooth and buff. You mite want to try a run stone. You can get them at a paint store. Looks like a pumus stone, they work great for people jsut starting out.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Bubstr
JUNIOR BUILDER

The razor blade is good for an experienced guy but would be too easy to drag an edge and have to repaint. I would suggest 600 wet on a 1X2 short board (Wood) also a short piece of wooden paint stick will work lots of soapy water and keep board at the diagonal light pressure and sand useing stroke that follow the line if the run. Every few strokes check run. As soon as it looks flat change to 1200 wet just enough to get rid of the 600 scratches. Then buff. Remember light touch and take your time and make sure paint has cured.