c-6 transmission line pressure

Old 05-20-2007, 04:19 PM
jiilian
SHOW GUEST

Default c-6 transmission line pressure

I am ruuning a c-6 transmission in my pulling truck with a 3500 stall from coan the whole transmission has been gone through. Today was the first pull with new tranmission i have no wheel speed and am thinking that the line pressure is to low . It is not allowing the converter and parts to lockup. The truck has an estimated 500 to 600 horse . :cry:
Old 05-26-2007, 01:43 PM
bryanm
JUNIOR BUILDER

A stock c6 should have around 450 line pressure, so you would probably have at least that, an easy way to check if you dont have a gauge is to unhook a cooler line and put the end into an empty quart jug and run the truck at around 3000 rom for 15 seconds and then shut it off and you should have at least a pint of fluid, if you dont there is a restriction some where in the trans. Another thing to check is inside the valve body there is on small spring that sits vertically, nake sure the valve sits on top of teh spring and that it is not reversed because that is what supplies pressure to your converter.