heating tires

Old 05-16-2007, 03:18 PM
CHEVYMATT
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default heating tires

i have a question on tires. i am running 28/12.50 et streets on 15x8 wheels . i want to find a rough starting point on tires. do i lower pressure to 12 lbs and heat the junk out of them or run them harder and heat less. im use to running slicks but had bad luck with et streets at 15 lbs and decent heat. thanks
Old 05-22-2007, 02:31 AM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

You can check this on the M/T webpage.

Usually if your rubber is still alive you can do one hot tire scorching burnout in the early part of the day and the rest of the day just do them milder to get some heat in them. There is no need usually in the tire scorching hard burn outs every round.

If the track is hot you can easily get your tires to be too hot.

Ed
Old 05-22-2007, 04:15 PM
slowman
MASTER BUILDER

i have ran them on a 8sec mustang and i heated them to they just start to smoke and stop. sometimes i would only clean them off with a very little burn out and they would stick. if you get them to hot they get greasy and don't what to hook.good luck
Old 05-26-2007, 01:53 PM
bryanm
JUNIOR BUILDER

Whether you are running slicks are cheater slicks you should never do big huge smokey burnouts unless you dont want you car to hook up, just burn em until you see smoke and then come out of the box.