Thread: Redneck racers alive and kickin' in the desert!

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER

Redneck racers alive and kickin' in the desert!

Hey Guys,

First, let me say, I don't intend on startin' a political discussion on whether or not anyone thinks the war in Irag is right or wrong. Let's stay away from that!

However, I thought you guys would appreciate this choice bit of info.

In the middle of all this s*&^, at a staging base in northern kuwait, just a few klicks south of the border, the local motorheads are redneck RACING! (@ 1/10 scale). They've spent they're off time building a dirt track next to a softball field and every Saturday nite, it's redneck racing at it's finest. Different classes of RC buggies and trucks. They're modifying motors and suspensions, running homemade cooling cans on the fuel lines, all manners of stuff. Alcohol ain't allowed over here, but they're drinking NA's, grilling burgers and dogs, and having an absolute BLAST. Wish you could see 'em, just like the full sized dirt tracks back home. God love 'em.

Proof positive: You can take a redneck outta' the south, but not outta him!

AL

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    Myself and a couple friends have combined, at least 10 1/10th scale rock crawlers. It's a blast. It really gets technical trying to figure the right line to take and who can do better than who on a certian line.

Here's one of mine with the small rubber on it. It now wears the spec 1/10 scale wheels/tires.

To all the people over there, hope you come home soon. 8)

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE mytmouz's Avatar
    8)

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    :twisted:
    I don't want to arrive at the pearly gates in perfect shape, rather I want to come sliding in, all burnt up, screaming "WHAT A RIDE"!