Bowers Racing Engines / Bret Bowers

Old 05-10-2007, 02:49 AM
nova66ss
SHOW GUEST

Default Bowers Racing Engines / Bret Bowers

Ordered F1 ProCharger kit with intercooler & carburator for my 66 Nova with 502 engine from this guy/company in Dec 2006. Paid $5658,- on Dec 5. 2006 to include shipping to my shipping agent in NJ for further shipping overseas to me in Norway. Buying parts from U.S will usually take 2-4 weeks so I waited patiently `till February before starting to call & e-mail BRET BOWERS asking for my parts. At first he answered the phone & gave me a new excuse each time, but lately he must have dried out of stories to tell as he no longer answers calls or replies to e-mails. I called Procharger to ask if they knew a dealer by the name of BOWERS RACING ENGINES & they confirmed that he was a dealer. Told them my problem & they answered "keep on calling him". Obviously they knew this guy means trouble for us customers. Does anyone know if BOWERS RACING ENGINES / BRET BOWERS still are in business? If so , will be glad to receive any information on how to contact BRET BOWERS or any way I legally can get my money back. Now considering buying plane tickets to pay him a visit to make a statement that there is no way to get away with scams even 7-8 time zones away. I can document any ????`s regarding this scam alert against BRET BOWERS/ BOWERS RACING ENGINES.[/b]
Old 05-10-2007, 05:13 PM
buyer
APPRENTICE

same shit happened to me- pro charger dont care hes a scammer- makes them look real bad
Old 05-11-2007, 06:43 AM
nasty02bird
APPRENTICE

Default call Visa

I would call Visa and tell them the story and they should be able to do some research and reverse the charges.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:47 AM
nova66ss
SHOW GUEST

Default Re: call Visa

Originally Posted by nasty02bird
I would call Visa and tell them the story and they should be able to do some research and reverse the charges.
Payment made by bank transfer, bank here say the have no way to get the money back from BRET BOWER :evil:
Old 05-12-2007, 05:56 AM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Even though the bank can do nothing then you would want to go farther and try his local police and yours..What he has done is essentially told you he would send the goods and you did an electronic transfer..If it is thru different states it adds to the seriousness...Fraud by means of electronic transfer is a felony and in the Feds hands could carry an even larger amount of problems for the man...If that is what he wants then I suggest you give it to him...What have you got to lose..I know what he has to lose and I don't think he is willing to try his fate...He has replied on this board before to allegations so Brett come on in here and tell your side or is it already told :?: I would also suggest you go to www.ic3.gov/ and file a complaint as he has a file there already..
Old 05-12-2007, 02:28 PM
buyer
APPRENTICE

im looking forward to brett coming on here and explaining why he hasnt sent what has been paid for 3 1/2 months ago, will be real interesting
Old 05-14-2007, 02:23 AM
nova66ss
SHOW GUEST

Thanks for the link from lotsof454sss. Here is your chance BRET BOWERS :twisted: : Return money or give CORRECT(not fake like you did once!) tracking # for my parts within 7- seven days from now or the Feds will hear from me. This offer is also sent to your e-maill address, so no excuses whatosever for not reacting.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:00 AM
rhammond
SHOW GUEST

Default Bowers

I noticed that Bowers is getting some bad press so I felt compelled to write something so that you have a different side to Bowers Racing as well as Bret Bowers. I personally ordered a 540 from Bret about 2 ½ months ago. I will agree that I was a bit frustrated with Bret and their progress; but honestly 2 ½ months is not really too long from start to finish or even unexpected. Yes, he does not always answer the phone, yes, he does not always return emails and yes he can be a bit frustrating. That written if I had the chance to have another engine built, I would not hesitate to ask Bowers to do it. As frustrated as I was with him, I have to give credit where credit’s due, the guy builds one mean engine. I suspect that he simply runs a small crew and is overloaded with work. He built a 540 for me that puts out 6 HP shy of 800 and 760 TQ, and that’s a street engine which cost WELL below what any of his competitors are charging, not to mention much better HP & TQ. So my advice for anyone that is considering buying from Bowers is that I would highly recommend him and encourage you to do so, just add 2 – 3 weeks additional to your time line and you will be very happy with the outcome.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:13 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

DEC 2006 TILL NOW IS NOT RESONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME!!!- :? :? -IT IS A SNUB AND I DON'T CARE ATTITUDE!!!!!!- :shock: :shock: --BRETT HAS DROPPED THE BALL ON THIS ONE ops: ops: ops:
Old 05-14-2007, 04:44 PM
buyer
APPRENTICE

he may build good engines, but to buy a blower off him 3 1/2 months ago and not send it- no excuss- he only has to order and pay for it- not a hard task i thought :?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -