bret bowers

Old 04-28-2007, 12:37 AM
buyer
APPRENTICE

Default bret bowers

hi- im an overseas buyer- advised through pro charger to order a f3r through bowers racing, paid by visa on 1/2/7 and havent recieved it. is this guy for real or has he ripped me?
Old 04-28-2007, 06:04 AM
fastbowtie
MASTER BUILDER

Here We Go Agian :roll: Brett Tell us Your side and if you have already shipped it How about A tracking #
Old 04-28-2007, 06:13 AM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Default BOWERS RACING ENGINES ACCUSED AGAIN OF SCAMMING

Attention RJ shoppers we need a High Level Executive to come and erase this thread as it seems Bowers Racing Engines is being accused "AGAIN" of sitting on someones money and not producing the product he was paid for....And sir, YES there is a good chance you have been ripped off, but rest assured your situation is going to receive alot of comments....
Old 04-28-2007, 01:25 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Buyer you can read the post from the link that TPorter gave you and see what happen to me.You can do what I had to do and hire some men to go get my money.It cost me but he did not get to use my money. I sure hope you are able to get sure money back.He had mine for almost 5 months.Well good luck on this matter and i feel your pain trust me.Wesley
Old 04-28-2007, 01:27 PM
buyer
APPRENTICE

i c. he never answers the phone, told me excuses. i rang pro charger the other day, not much they can do, i mite have to make a trip state side
Old 04-28-2007, 01:47 PM
fastbowtie
MASTER BUILDER

Procharger might say they cant do much But since they did instruct you to go to Bowers to buy their product instead of directly through them it can be argued that they are partially liable and make them assist you in either getting your money back or the product you purchased.Its a long reach But I dont think they would like any bad publicity for being associated with bowers.Just mt 2cents
Old 04-28-2007, 01:57 PM
buyer
APPRENTICE

cheers for that- i rang them 2 weeks ago and asked whether it had been shipped. they said thet wouldnt really know with a tracking number- i thought a f3r going to New Zealand would be a bit of a novalty :lol: i must say ive purchased 3 drag cars from the us- no probs, until now. doesnt bowers drive a race car?
Old 04-28-2007, 02:29 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Buyer if you do come to the USA I would see how I could get my money back for the plane ticket as I am in Cameroon,Africa right now and know that plane tickets are not cheap.I also seen that Bret Bowers was selling Pro Chargers on RJ and call Pro Charger myself and ask if he was a dealer and the woman told me no they only had one dealer in Denver Co. so I asked to talk to the manager and he told me that he was able to sell a Pro Charger.He asked me why I was asking about him and I sent him to Scammers on RJ and shortly there after his ads where gone.Thats all i know I dont know who took them off but they are gone all at once and that was all about a month and a half ago. Wesley
Old 04-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Phoenix69
SHOW GUEST

A freind told me of the troubles on this site with Bowers and after reading both threads I had to reply.I purchased a 540" merlin based from him last year and am very satisfied withthe product.It did take a little longer than expected but that seems to be the norm in the hot rod biz.I dont feel he is a scammer just overloaded.Also i had no troubles getting in touch with him,if i left a message i got a call back within a day or two.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:11 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Phoenix69 I am very happy for you that you had a good experience with your engine being build and that is the way that I think it should be when you are spending your hard earned money. Bret I am thankful that you gave him a good experience. Thats what makes Hot Rodding so much fun otherwise we would not do it.Wesley

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -