Tootees Race Cars

Old 03-29-2007, 10:08 PM
bulldogracing
SHOW GUEST

Default Tootees Race Cars

Just curious if anyone's had business dealings with this company. I'm having a serious problem with them, and its taken over 15 month and a court case to even get them to return phone calls. Any information would sure help
Old 03-30-2007, 04:44 PM
etbird
MASTER BUILDER

Where are they out of?
Old 03-30-2007, 04:52 PM
bulldogracing
SHOW GUEST

They are located in Neeses, SC. They advertise on the web, that they have been in business for 30 years, but if they conduct business like they have with me, I find this really hard to believe.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:57 PM
etbird
MASTER BUILDER

Yeah I've seen them on the web. I thought about using them. What did they do to you?
Old 03-31-2007, 07:40 AM
bulldogracing
SHOW GUEST

I contracted them to build a top dragster chassis - basically an unpainted roller. I paid them 26,000.00US dollars, and have yet to receive a car. I'm from a long way away, flew down to SC a year ago in February to be fitted, then travelled back with truck and trailer in July to pick up car that was supposed to be finished althought it is 3 months late. When I get there, I found a partially finished car, the parts that were bought and paid for not there. I asked for my money back, and they suggested we call the sheriff out to their shop. Its now almost a year later and still no car. I get excuse after excuse of why it's not finished, just empty promises. In November I started a lawsuit, found out they're in Chapter 13 backruptcy, and now I'm awaiting an April court date to attempt to get my parts, or a car, or in the best case senario my money back. If I get anything I'll be suprised, other than a good boot in the arse from Dad for being too trusting. Like I said anything that could help would be greatly appreciated. I am at the end of my rope, have lawyer bills, and a really sick feeling in my stomach about the whole deal.
These guys came highly recommended, and what work I saw visually was flawless, but it shouldn't take this kind of run around to get a car built.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:41 AM
etbird
MASTER BUILDER

Guys, anybody out there have any info to help out with lawsuit? Sorry your deal went bad. It sucks to get screwed. Hope it works out in your favor. Keep after them.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:05 PM
65gto
SHOW GUEST

Bulldogracing
I have had a similar experience with Tootees. I will not discuss it in any public forum at this time but if you would like to talk privately we may be able to assist each other. If you would like to discuss the issue post your private e-mail address or your phone number and I will contact you.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:28 AM
bulldogracing
SHOW GUEST

Default 65 GTO

65 GTO, just wondering if you got my email adress and phone number. Would sure like to chat and see what we can do for each other. I have another court date in May, not sure of the date, but if I can pass any info to my lawyer of how the same type of deal is happening or happened to you, we might have a much better chance of getting something out of them. Thanks
Old 04-27-2007, 01:01 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

bulldog you might want to speak with an attorney or something..a chapter #13 is for individuals that have assests such as a house etc...otherwise they file a chapter #7....i am not a lawyer but i am almost 100% sure that their business would not be protected under the federal bankrupty protection with a #13 filing....they would have needed to file a chapter 11 which is designed for businesses....if you can get their full name or by chance social security # you can call this bankruptcy hotline and punch in the information and it will provide a search and tell you what chapter they have filed the case# , attorney they have used and the trustee (1-800-669-8767)..at a minimum you will need to file a proof pf claim to your position....a name will work on this search but takes a little longer..a social is quicker but i know you might not have this info..

i live about 1 hour from Neeses SC....i cannot confront these people for you but if you need any leg work done with information etc..i would be more than happy to help you out..

If by some chance you get your money back and want a very good dragster chassis builder then you need to call ED HORTON which is located about 1 hour from the place you hired to get the job done...i know this is sour grapes to you now but i wanted you to know this just in case you do re-coup some money and want the job done right..

if i can help you in any way please give me a P.M. and i will share my phone number with you etc....

also reference to a law suit..here in S.C. you can sue in small claims court up to $5,000 dollars...higher than this and it goes to state court which would most likley invlove you retaining an attorney here in S.C...which i could help refer you in the right direction here if need be.

ps..i looked at their web-site and i can see why you trsuted them...the website looked really good..

again i really feel for you 26k is no joke to lose..if you or your attorney need anything from me here in S.C. such as leg work on anything that is only available in S.C.....please let me know

thanks- Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 04-27-2007, 03:00 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Sorry to hear about your situation but Brian will help you as he steps in and always has a good level headed opinion on about any subject that pops up on here...Also I would always have to think twice if i were a scammer to get involved with anyone with the word BULLDOG in their id....I can tell you will go to all lengths to bust their ass....Good luck and keep us posted....And I am sure Snoop Dog bjuice is on their heels right now.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -