ad# 182941911 user name gofastorgohome83 is a thief

Old 09-25-2017, 05:03 PM
bthomas
SHOW GUEST

Default ad# 182941911 user name gofastorgohome83 is a thief

the guys name is Mike Travis from Marine City, Michigan. his phone number is 810-643-3119. ad says Gary Indiana. he had a motor posted for sale. My buddy is wanting to get into racing so he made a deal with mike to buy the motor. my wife sent a $2,750 deposit through paypal to him. he wanted it friends and family. don't ever send it that way unless they really are your friend or family. paypal can't do anything to get his money back now. mike was going to hold the motor for him until he could make the trip this coming saturday. after mike confirmed he got the payment and the motor was Ben's he was hard to get in contact with. My buddy Ben got suspicious and had another friend call from a different area code. Mike says the motor is still available. Bens friend says that hes just a few hours away and would like to come the next day and get it. Mike tells him hes been eat up with people wanting it and be best if he would send half the money as a deposit through paypal. $2,750. they hang up and Ben calls Mike and tells him who he just got off the phone with and he wants his money back. Mike hangs up on him and marks the motor as sold. Cant reach him now. Hopefully everybody will be watching out for this guy and nobody else gets scammed. again the guys name is Mike Travis from Marine City Michigan. his phone number is 810-643-3119
Old 09-29-2017, 05:34 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

Is there someone that lives near Mike Travis that can help put a little pressure on this guy. or provide some helpful info on him? If that is accurate, he is just a thief and needs to be dealt with. Maybe someone knows him and can tell him about this being posted here and ask him to respond to this?
Old 09-29-2017, 07:27 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

man that sucks but never EVER send funds on paypal via friend and family, there is no recourse for recovery if you do...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...