Old 09-22-2017, 03:53 PM
cdchevy
SHOW GUEST

Default Scammers

There back in full force!¡! Look at all the early Corvette ads
Old 09-23-2017, 05:55 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

They always show up on late Fridays and through the weekend while the RJ staff are trying to menjoy their weekend. Flag what you see and they will get to them on Monday morning

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 09-23-2017, 06:21 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

I flagged all 11 bogus ads in the Hot Rod cars for sale section, again. all about the same repeat ones as usual.

I also contacted the Racing Junk General Question email again and offered my suggestion about these.

For each new member, for the first month, pay $1 per ad to Racing Junk. Then after the first honor payment, refund the payments. At least they would make some money on the scammers if they did make the payment. LOL.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:10 AM
jayvee34
SENIOR BUILDER

RJ does a big print color banner above each new member with a low unbelievable price, asking the buyer to
check certain things out before contacting the seller. Most are so intent on the unbelievable deal that they
don't notice the banner. I didn't at first and I am a true believer in if it is to good to be true, it probably
is.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:27 AM
LAWEnterprises
SHOW GUEST

Three days into posting the ad I have two scammer responses:Receiving blind offer cashiers check texts from: 917-563-8336 (New York) and 613-703-4057 (Ottawa). It is a shame the scammers are burning this site. One more scammer and I scratch the ad.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:18 PM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

Scammers are a nuisance for sure. but if you pull your ad, they win. I have bought and sold over 150 items on this site over the last 10 years, and feel it is still the best out there for our type of cars and parts. I just delete the scammers email and there will be a real buyer along soon. If you don't want scammer texts, don't list your phone number. A real person will message you on the RJ system.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:58 PM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

Mark has a good idea, charge a small fee, that might slow this crap down.......MAYBE...LOL