summit fuel cell

Old 09-11-2017, 01:01 PM
mikeshemi
APPRENTICE

Angry summit fuel cell

I have a summit 8 gallon fuel cell in my race car. Twice I've run out of gas. Once driving to tech and once on a full blast. Both times there was still 3 gallons left in the cell. I took out one of the 2 fabric slosh stoppers after the first time. Then it did it again with one still in the tank. My pump is an amerimotive 2000 and has the bypass that sends over pressured fuel directly back into the top of the tank.The pump is lower than the tank so it should gravity feed with no problem. I put a #10 fitting in tank where a # 8 was, to supply more fuel to pump. The cell has a sump built into the bottom of the cell. Can anyone help me with this annoying problem?

Last edited by mikeshemi; 09-11-2017 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:46 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

The return fuel is aerated and the pump is them pumping bubbles...
Old 09-12-2017, 07:09 PM
mikeshemi
APPRENTICE

I had this same setup on my other race car and never had this problem. Now i'm going to be looking for a solution. Thanks for the info, any suggestions?
Old 11-01-2017, 08:47 AM
PositivePerformance
SHOW GUEST

Check your vent. Make sure it is clear and able to flow properly.
Old 02-28-2019, 09:06 AM
mikeshemi
APPRENTICE

just browsing today, in response to your suggestion. Here is what actually happened.. I drilled the backhalf 2x3 bar and put the vent into it. I siliconed the hole tight. What was happening is the 2x3 tube was welded 100pct tight on both ends therefore creating a vacuum. Tank would suck until there was no air left in the backhalf bar.I ended up drilling a 1" hole in the bottom of the tube and problem solved. So your theory sent me in the right direction and for that i say thanks
Old 07-07-2021, 01:40 AM
aquilesopkarg
APPRENTICE

i'm going to be looking for aShowbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin solution. Thanks for the info, any suggestions?

Last edited by aquilesopkarg; 07-07-2021 at 01:53 AM.