Ss rear shocks

Old 10-26-2016, 02:17 AM
hanss
SHOW GUEST

Default SS Rear Shocks

I have a set of NOS Imperial HD Shocks I plan using on my SS/B Barracuda (1968-69)for Nostalgia Racing. Thing is they are very hard to pull out, but quit easy to press back. Is this how they are supposed to work, or how can I soften them up. Some 20 pulls did not change anything...
I guess a good ratio to start with, would be 50/50? But may be not in this application?
Any help from you experienced guys would be very appreciated.
Thanks, Stefan.

Last edited by hanss; 10-26-2016 at 02:25 AM. Reason: would like to change head line
Old 10-26-2016, 12:13 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

I am not familiar with that shock, but if you need to slow down the separation of your rear suspension then yes, this shock would probably help. If the car is trying to squat they may not be what you need. I believe typically that car, if it has stock style rear, does separate. The one thing is that you have no adjust-ability if you need something different. My suggestion is a double adjustable shock. You would be surprised what can be done with them.

Curtis
Old 10-26-2016, 12:57 PM
hanss
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by curtisreed View Post
I am not familiar with that shock, but if you need to slow down the separation of your rear suspension then yes, this shock would probably help. If the car is trying to squat they may not be what you need. I believe typically that car, if it has stock style rear, does separate. The one thing is that you have no adjust-ability if you need something different. My suggestion is a double adjustable shock. You would be surprised what can be done with them.

Curtis
Thanks Curtis,
Yes, what you suggest is an option, but the original suspension is a challenge and first I want to know if these Imperial Shocks work properly. This was what they used till the late seventies, when these racers run in the mid nines...
And yes, like you assume, the Super Stock Springs is lifting the body at take off. So may be they will work in this application.