Anthony J Finn of Bellwood Illinois has another ad up ion Nitrous section of RJ.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:42 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

Default Anthony J Finn of Bellwood Illinois has another ad up ion Nitrous section of RJ.

I already have 2 thread going on here about Anthony J Finn of Bellwood Illinois. I am starting this one to alert people that after he sold me a carb and cut off communications with me, And I have no carb, he now has another identity and is selling again another item. It is listed in the Engine Parts section under Nitrous of RJ classified. It is a Edelbrock Nitrous Controller for $350 new. Same address and phone number. ad 182766864. He has sold it to at least one person. Buyer beware. Racing Junk has not done anything about this. I have contacted them on both ads. He is in the Chicago area, listing 2 different cites in ads but send money to same address. Anyone caring to assist from the area, please contact me on here or call 217 712 0070.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:14 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Here is he ad he has poted, alreay flagged and reported it to RJ. If anyone gets chance start bombarding him with messages via the ad and maybe he will crack!
I already sent 2 of them, going to try to send one every hour I am at work!

http://www.racingjunk.com/Nitrous/182766864/Edelbrock-nitrous-controller.html

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 09-27-2016, 06:28 PM
tc6916
SHOW GUEST

Anthony J Finn scammer alert! I made a deal with him on ad #182766864 and sent a certified bank check. I was fortunate enough to see BigBlockMark's scammer alert on the carburetor section and stop payment before he recieved it. Now I see the same Edelbrock Progressive Controller picture on 2 different ads (#182766864 & #182750269) Thanks to BigBlockMark for the heads up! Buyers Beware!!
Old 09-27-2016, 07:10 PM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

I reported Anthony J Finn to Racing Junk again tonight for copying the Nitrous Controller ad again. Somebody needs to stop this guy. He owes me for a deposit I put down on a carburetor ad he had and did not follow thru on.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:06 AM
jayvee34
SENIOR BUILDER

The only way to stop a guy like Anthony J. Finn is not to do business with him, e.g. If he has a item
that sells for 1,000.00 plus dollars new in the box and only wants $400.00 for it, its either stolen
goods or it is a scam. The old adage, "if it sounds to good to be true it usually is". All I'm saying
is use your head, don't let greed come into play.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:48 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Good news is RJ responded within 24 hours of me flagging his ad, the account has been disabled!

Our records indicate that you may have been in contact with a member on our site that goes by User Name ajfNOS.

We are writing to notify you that we have taken measures to disable their account, delete all messages sent by ajfNOS and delete any ads that ajfNOS may have been running.

As always we highly encourage you to report any ads or messages that seem suspicious, inappropriate or unfit.

Racingjunk.com...helping make your membership safer everyday!

Thank you.

Old 09-28-2016, 09:50 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

Good job. Racing Junk admits they can not stop him from starting another account and trying to sell stuff he may not have. At least we stopped one buyer from losing his $350 on the nitrous controller. My bad for trusting a new member. I got his Illinois ID card, a picture of his house and address, his email, phone and Facebook info. He was very forth coming with everything I asked for. Unfortunately that was not enough. He just blocked me once he had the money. What I failed to do is ask him for a picture of him holding his carb in front of his house with a house number on it. Based on the nitrous controller ad being a picture from another ad, maybe he did the same thing on the carb ad. If I had asked for that picture and he could not produce it, I would have not done the deal. I am out $225 because I was greedy. My bad. Lesson learned. After over 100 deals on Racing Junk, I got careless. Be careful out there.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:58 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Mark keep all that info handy, still might need it in the future.
If anybody sees this guy open another account on RJ post it up on here or PM me and I will let the crew over a RJ know ASAP. I can say that is the first time I have ever seen a profile or a bad ad pulled down in less than 24 (it was actually about 12 hours) hours so the people over there are listening!

Old 10-09-2016, 04:01 AM
Ridethepony
SHOW GUEST

I believe this is the ad he copied from, it's on Craigslist.
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/5813493295.html
Old 10-09-2016, 07:36 PM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

Actually, I believe the ad he copied was already on Racing Junk. The guy that bought it from Anthony J Finn of Bellwood Illinois found the original ad and sent the ad number to me. That guy saw my report on this forum and stopped the bank check he had sent before Anthony could cash it. A third guy reported to me Anthony had another ad about a fuel pump and alternator that he got took on. I don't have that ad number, but have the guys info.

I have reported him to the Illinois Attorney General Office, Consumer Fraud Bureau.

He has contacted me by text since then. We will see shortly if he is motivated to make things right or not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -