Thread: Ford 8.8 to G-Body

Ford 8.8 to G-Body

I have heard through the grapevine that a Ford 8.8 or 9" out of a Fox Body Mustang will directly fit into a 78 G-Body Malibu. Has anyone else heard of this. Also I am wondering how strong the 8.8's are as compared to the 9".

Thanks,

Ben

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE mytmouz's Avatar
    I haven't seen a Mustang rear with the upper control arm perches on them from the factory. An 8.8 is essentially a 12 bolt in comparison, depending on the spline Most Mustangs have 28 spline axles, the Hi Po Mustangs and Explorers have 31 splines, and the stock 12 bolt is 30 spline. Also you have the c clips on the axles for both the 12 bolt and the 8.8.
    If you think nobody cares, try missing a payment...

The Fox Body 8.8 does have the upper control arm perches on it. That's the first thing I checked. lol

Try it and post the results...
    If you think nobody cares, try missing a payment...

Wound up buying a 9" with aftermarket axles 31 spline, Chev bolt pattern) adjustable upper control arms, posi, G-body mounts, 4.11 gears and brakes....for (I guess I kinda stole it) 500.00

Nice score...