Scammer alert text message

Old 03-16-2016, 05:41 PM
Earwaxx
APPRENTICE

Default Scammer alert text message

This is what I sent to Support concerning recent scam attempts.

Hi,

here are 2 texts I received for this item:
http://www.racingjunk.com/Clutches/1...-90-2245N.html
Obviously an attempted scam.
The # appears to be from the Washington,DC downtown area.
My replies are below.
Thanks,Bill

1st Text

hello hope this your item still for sale?RAM DUAL DISC CLUTCH KIT FOR FORD 5.0 MUSTANG P/N 90-2245N$750

================================================== ================
This mobile text message is brought to you by AT&T
This was from the following text # 202-844-7492

My reply:
Yes i have it, send me your zip code for a shipping quote, send your email, i dont use this phone daily

2nd Text

Ok sound good the check will be mail out tommorow and i will get back to you with tracking # as soon as i mail out the check the certified check will be mailed out cover your money for the item also with the movers funds that will come for the pickup, as soon as the check is cleared. You will deduct your funds and send the remaining to the shipper so they can set-up day and time to come for picku. This was from the following text # 202-844-7492

My reply.
As listed in the Ad, I do not accept checks.
Old 03-25-2016, 04:23 AM
schmitzna
SHOW GUEST

Similar experience here yesterday. Text from 415-878-5317

still available for sale?Save $100 on two 305/645R18 Hoosier S100 Racing Slicks $876

Yes

Thanks for the respond,my name is john,I'm okay with the price,I want you to consider it sold, I will have a Certified Check issue out to you from my Bank, and after check cleared, I will have my shipping company come for the pick up at your designated location after the check clear in your bank, so get back to me with the details such as:-Name on the check. Your full home or office address and Zip-code. I will await for the details to send the check to you. Thank, I will be sending the payment via USPS regular mail ,You can delete the advert asap, send me some more picture of it for proper view
Old 06-03-2016, 07:45 AM
Graymodprods
SHOW GUEST

My text from 475-882-2933:

"Good Morning Gray , Am the one asking about the ( Complete Balanced Clevor Rotating Assembly $1000. The check has been Mailed out.. Once check cashed then you can release it. You can remove the AD online now and shippers funds would be included in the check am sending to you for him to be able to off set shipping, and other tax charges. when you get the check, Please verify this address before mail out the check("I supplied a bogus address")let me know if we have a deal or not "