Seller Beware of this guy

Old 01-17-2016, 05:23 AM
sirjames132
SHOW GUEST

Default Seller Beware of this guy

Posted an ad and within five minutes got a text from 1-830-484-6472 wanting to know if item was still for sale and what was the final price. Gave email address of [email protected], so I sent him an email of the price and he replied with a poorly written (grammar and spelling) email asking a couple of normal questions but ending with needing my full name, visible home address, Paypal name and email address and stating he would deposit $150.00 in my PayPal account (which I don't have) to hold the car for his shipper to come and get at which time he would deposit the remaining amount of sale in my Paypal account. Name on the email was Mark Brett.
To come to the point after a couple of emails back and forth where everything was needed ASAP and where he continually asked for my PayPal information, even though the ad stated a cash only transaction, I told him to send me his info first and then if it checked out I would send him mine. Never heard anything more from him.
This is a common trick by scammers to get your PayPal email so they can use it in scams of other people. Be careful of this guy and others like him.