View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 05:39 AM
elkymann
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Re: Ultradyne Cams???

Originally Posted by BEAST477
Anyone have any experience with them? Was wondering if anyone has heard if the ramps on the closing side of the lobes are to quick and possibly bounce the lifters off the cam?
Seems your question never really got answered so here goes my best shot. Harold has his own designe obviously that worked, and still works today, and many companies have gotten help from him in the cam department. As I talked with Tim Goolsby, he mentioned that the fast closing ramps were part of the power found in his designs, although you mentin lifters bouncing off of lobes, in my opinion, if your lifters bounce off of cam lobes, you didn't have a good engine builder, or you have over revved your engine and caused damage due to insufficent valve spring pressure and correct setup with them.

I am not a guru like Tim, or Harold, but if your valve geometry on your rocker arms, springs and pushrods are in the best of what you can afford to do what you want them to do, and you have talked with Tim or Mike, or Harold about the setup of each of Harold's cams that you have selected to use, than you shouldn't have a problem with any of your valvetrain and power made by any of his cams, PERIOD!!!

Look at his accomplishments and who he worked with and WHAT THEY DID with his comonents!!!!! Bill Jenkins!!!!! who is he??? only the man who put Pro Stock on there ears in the early 70's with his Camaro and Vega, and who is this Jack Roush guy too??? only the MOST sucessful auto motive racing gentelman from Ford roots, who still makes power and money as from evidence on TV from Nascar, and thru the NMRA and now the NMCA series of drqag racing events held over the Eastern Seabord, and Midwestern areas. Did you know that Harold created the line of VooDoo cams for Lunati???? yep he's the man in m book, and the roller cam I have in my 505, Harold and I talked about it and he was so excited about this grind and one other grind that were his pride & joy of his accomplishments over the years, and did you know that his cam, was in a vehicle that won the Leman's 24 hour race a while back????

So, if you buy an Ultradyne cam, and can't make great power, and have engine issue's with it, you have not done your homework, or have chosen the engine builder that will help you the correct way, all I can say, and I bet many wil agree on this segment. The cams work great when setup correctly with the right springs and related parts. Call Tim or Mike and ask them to explain WHY, you should buy Ultradyne over any of the other cam companies out there and sit back and ABSORB!!!!!! the info. Good luck and I hope you choose the best, ULTRADYNE. :lol:

John