Thread: chevelle
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

My first car ever was a 72 Chevelle. A friend and I did the bodywork and he painted it. I built the whole car. It had a 11:1 406 with a TH400 and a 4.10 12 bolt. It wasn't fast but it got me hooked on this stuff.Used to race it in TROPHY . It ran low 8's in the 1/8. I Could get it in the 7's now as I am much smarter than I was a t 18..(even though I knew everything then)This is the car that left me siting in the staging lanes with the steering locked.

I still have it. After the flood in 2008 I decided to do a complete tear down on it. It is now stripped to the bare shell. I am putting it back to factory stock.Will be using the Factory SS wheels. Also putting factory console with H shifter back in it etc. Taking the batery out of the trunk and taking off the drag race crap..except the 4.10 gear going to keep that. I have a fresh .030 over 454 for it .I used the old rotating assembly from the NOVA before I built the 540...Anyway, I love this car. Lots of memories with this one. This is an older picture Ive posted before. Sorry to highjack your thread Charlie.