Old 02-12-2012, 06:12 PM
gto65racer
SHOW GUEST

Default I wouldn't buy from gorilla1 if i were you

gorilla1 had an Edelbrock SY1 manifold listed for sale (http://www.racingjunk.com/Intake/240...mokey-ram.html) I bought it as it was advertised as perfect condition. I gave him $600 shipped because I wanted a perfect manifold.

When i received it is was far from perfect. The first thing i noticed is that it was missing the water neck that was pictured with it, no big deal. Then I removed the top cover and found poorly cut pieces of sheet metal screwed in the runners of the manifold. I know why they are there (fuel puddling), I had another SY1 manifold that I sold (for $300) to buy this one. I sold my other one because I wanted one that did not have rib's epoxied in (like mine did). I also dont think that it is a good idea to have machine screws in the intake runners.

I contacted the seller (gorilla1), and told him about my concerns. He messaged me back and told me to "just send the damn thing back". At this point I have already sold my other SY1 and need the manifold. So I emailed him back and explained that I was more than willing to pay $600 for a "perfect" SY1 manifold, but I would not pay that much for this one. I asked him to simply refund me $100 and I would have the manifold fixed (weld the screw holes).

Well I have not heard back from him and it has been 5 days now.

I would just warn you that I wouldn't take his word that something is perfect. Obviously he has a different idea of perfect.