Thread: Good Luck!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 05:08 AM
kbartley
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Good Luck!!!

I said earlier in this post that I possibly might be getting scammed. At this point, well what do you guys think. Here's the lowdown. Around the first of march I traded a 235"RED roller I had posted on this site for some cash & a set of Aluminum Bowtieheads, Intake 18 degree. The heads were gone thru & serviced by a machinist that is located 2hrs. from me so weve met. Ok, I did this because I felt comfortable in doing the trade so I did. Supposedly the heads had been Vacuum Tested. I pulled the heads down just in case & could not find anything visibly wrong w/ them so I P.tested the springs and re-assembled the heads w/ ever intention of using them. I was in the middle of assembling my 15 degree eng. & decided just to try & sell the 18degree heads& intake. Here's where the possible SCAM comes in. I posted the heads & intake on here for $1800.00. A guy by the name Jim Saula from Pennsylvania calls me to ask me about the heads. He claims to be a round track racer & he wanted these heads for their b-up motor a 421c.i. 18degree. So I agreed to take $1600.00 & he sent me a bankcheck for the amt.. April 2, I met his son to give him the parts. 4 days later the man calls me back & says one of the heads was cracked & you could see. He would get his engine builder buddy to send me pictures. Ok, I never got the pictures or a follow up call or email. So, I'm starting to think somethings up here. I did not here from him April6-May13 when he called & said he wanted to get this resolved. I ignored the calls for the first couple of days because I thought he is full of shite. Then I answered this past saturday & he said he would even cover the shipping cost to get the parts back to me & once again promised to send pics at the first of this week. Here it is wednesday & still nothing. NOW, I HAVE NOOO PROBLEM GIVING HIM HIS MONEY BACK!!! How do I know that I'm getting my heads (that I know are good). Personally I think he is trying to pull the old switch-a-rony on me. LITTLE DOES HE KNOW THAT I MARKED THOSE PARTS BEFOE HE GOT THEM!!! What do you guy's think about this? Kris