View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 05:54 PM
spudmiller
SHOW GUEST

Mr. Parker,

Originally Posted by dparker
...You've still broke more parts in 2 years than I've broke in 10 years.
And I'm going faster than you...that's what happens when you go nearly a half-second quicker. Buy enough parts to turn 7.300's with your dragster and I bet you find a part or two in there somewhere that wasn't up to the task if you do it twenty times. You'll replace those parts with better ones and then continue on to be a little quicker or faster if you like a challenge. Have you been doing 7.70's for 10 years now? Then you are by all means an expert on going 7.70 if you aren't breaking any parts.

...and to tell someone that might not have your knowledge about nitro that it doesn't break anymore parts than without is ridicules.
It isn't ridiculous. What is ridiculous is the myth that nitro is an evil substance that causes parts to evaporate and fail at an incredible rate (see earlier posts in this thread). And that one might as well light money on fire instead of use nitro at all. That is ridiculous and people who think that just don't know the subject at all. When it is presented as fact and someone who asks about it here is told this, it propagates the myth. That isn't "steering people in the right direction", that's misinformation.

Parts breakage is about exceeding the design limits of the parts. Don't go there, and you won't get into trouble. That has nothing to do with the fuel. Nitromethane, methanol, diesel, kerosene, lighter fluid - whatever you want to run. It'll fail if you make enough power to exceed what the parts can take.

So I still have to X2 Bjuice in his statement:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but we are also on here to steer people in the right direction and I feel...
Well, excuse me for interfering with your efforts to keep everyone here going "the right direction". I guess I assumed some folks might be interested in other options along with some facts, advice and encouragement from someone that has actually been doing it.

So long,
Spud