View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 05:09 PM
spudmiller
SHOW GUEST

Mr. Juice,

I never advised anyone to run 50-75% in my previous post. Running a little bit is just fine, but I wouldn't say everyone should do that either. I don't think people running a "bracket series car" "can/should run 50-75%". Where does all this come from? Did I say that?

What is the "right direction" you're trying to steer people exactly? How you run your car? Should we all do that? You're right, there is more than one way to skin a cat. We're all pretty fond of how we do it, aren't we?

It's obvious from this thread that there is a lot of misinformation out there about nitro. Pardon me for trying to clear up old wives tales and myths when I see them. I assume most people would like facts and not fiction. Maybe some folks would like to hear about a different way to skin a cat!

As for your question: ("How do you manage to get HUNDREDS of passes on a nitro motor at 75% and the Funny car guys at 90% only manage to get two or three rounds if they are lucky")...

I run a small, naturally aspirated, injected nitro motor making about 980 HP and turning 7.30's.

Those guys are SUPERCHARGED, 90% nitro at tremendous boost levels making 6000+HP turning 4.40's. Big difference, that's how.

Spud