Old 06-07-2008, 08:38 PM
ogles824
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default Is it worth messing with..................what's it worth

Hey, I was riding down the highway this afternoon and come across a what appears to be about a 1976-77 Vega GT hatchback coupe roller. It looks pretty good from the drivers side but it looks like it paid the guard rail a visit on passengers side. All the damage appears to be cosmetic. It's going to need major work on the right rear quarter, door, and it doesn't have a front cap or hood on it. It's back halved with what appears to be a ladder bar suspension, a 12 point roll cage, an aluminum wing on the back deck, and real nice sheetmetal interior. The rear axles look to be the stock cut down variety and would need replacing (I'd do that anyway and do the differential while I was at it). It has all the glass replaced with lexan and the wheels and tires will do but I'd rather replace them with someting of my liking, the rear tire and wheel combo needs to be bigger to fill out the fender area a liittle better to make it look right and something up front to match the new rears. I like Weld Drag Lights, it has the old solid aluminum brush finish wheels on it. ALso it looks like the master cylinder for the brakes are missing. Is it worth messing with? If so, whats it worth? I am looking for something to purchase sometime in August to build my 15 year old son an 1/8 mile bracket racer.