View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 06:26 AM
bluegrassjh
SENIOR BUILDER

I tell you what. When I posted this to blow off some steam I never imagined so many of you could relate to my situation. All of you are 100% right. They wanna see you stoop to their level. Being the bigger man is hard to do sometimes, especially when you're in public. I tell you, things have changed alot in this world. At any given time we have at least 5-6 pistols/shotguns in our dealership. Sounds a little extreme to me when I think about it. But with the way people act, I would say that is imperative to protect both yourself and fellow employees. Working at a dealership, you spend more time with the guy beside you then you do your own family. It would be devastating to try and explain Fred's not coming home to his wife and kids because someones tranny went out. We get threats from people every now and then. Most places might overlook these. We happen to be in a very big hunting and drag racing community. It's rednecks, fast cars and guns everywhere. Hell my finance manager carries a pistol on him everyday. Keeping your cool in the face of confrontation is a hard row to hoe for sure.