View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 04:33 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
if i were you i would run the motor..i would not take the chance at this point of spending the extra $$$ and hassle of installing...when you are not guaranteed any gain at this point...Your current cam could be a perfect match ??....changing things like this before you try it could backfire big time..plus would all this be worth a 20/30 extra HP if it did work out in your favor ?...you never will see this hp gain on the clock (et)

US racers have the urge to change things to make us go faster before we know how fast we go now....

try it...you can always swap cam later...

My opinion..
I agree....I am more guilty of this than anyone. I just can't leave well enough alone... When I was messing with my chevelle(street car) running trophy. I was about 21-22 yrs old and knew everything.( 33 now and know half what I did then haha) My dad gave me the same advice you just gave him, but I ignored it. I was constantly trying different intakes, carbs etc. Over the span of 2 summers I had 3 different cams, 2 different intakes and 3 different carburators, and 2 torque converters . From the time I took it to the track to when I finally left it alone it had only picked up less than 3 tenths...but I had fooled with so many different things I never knew which ones actually helped it. :?