View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 05:52 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

This is one of those deals . . Obama hasn't helped it any, but I don't know the answer to the Syrian Puzzle, and I'm not sure anybody else does either.

You've got a Civil War between two, perhaps more, Islamic Factions, and they indiscriminately kill each other (Even when they're not having a war with each other) and the Christians are just targets for any of the Islamic factions.

In Syria, it's the "Alawites" who are in power, and I think that they're a branch of the Sunni Moslems, but they, before the civil war against Assad, protected the Christians from the Sunni Factions and the less moderate Sunnis . .

Giving arms to any of them is a crapshoot because all you have to do is look at Libya, where we armed the "Rebels" and they have turned against the West and are opting for an Islamic Theocracy anyway.

Plus . . The more radical Islamic rebels turned out to be al Quaeda in disguise and have made off with hundreds if not thousands of Ghaddifi's cache of SA-7 shoulder fired ground to air heat seeking missiles . . Look for a few commercial airliners to be shot down around the world . .

I'm probably wrong here, but I still think that we ought to build fences around those countries and just keep setting ammunition at the gates until nobody comes for it . .