Thread: Moving
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 07:13 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I guess you met Bubba or Jethro or Goober. i never did question their integratity, but i sure did wonder HOW the hell they walk around on d'em rocks bare footed. i used to do it when growing up in Ala and Ga. but now if i step on a pee gravel i go thru the roof. I think you will like it down south, i did when i lived in BJ country in the late 60's but i damn near starved to death with 3 kids and a wfe with a shop in a country that didn't trust Yankees ( i had moved down from Chgo.).
I now live in La. and Miss. and the mood is totally different than it was 40 yrs. ago, but if you need to have someone do something for you IE: plumbing, electrics, or anything you can't or donot want to do yourself, don't hold your breath because you want get anything done in a hurry. I've been waiting on a plumber for 2 wks. because i don't want to go under my house with only 12" space to fix a small leak. with those things in mind and being from a fast paced society such as you are comming from, If you can cope with that you'll love it.
When living in Az. i could have and AC man at my house on a sunday in 2 hrs. Maybe in 2/3 days in Miss. or La.

Zip.