Old 02-27-2012, 05:45 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by fast75vega
Originally Posted by 482
Also, I had a priming tool that apparently blocked oil passage when the lower part of it would get out of alignment where it fit in the distributor hole.
I primed and primed and rotated and rotated with a 1/2" drill, Nothing!!

Changed tool and that thing immediately pumped oil everywhere.

The first tool had a little c-clip on it letting the shaft move up while trying to prime.

The new one had a pin through it so it could not move.

Just a thought!

Damn fast75vega, you are OLD, that's old school tech, and nothing ever works better. 482 is right some of the priming tools/bodies block part of the oiling galley's, but still oil the rods and mains. Hell used to have a set of sm/blk heads sawed in parts so i could check the valve to piston clearance before assembling the running heads, i had sawed them just outside the valve guides on both int. and exh.

Zip.

thats why i just use and old stock dist and cut the top off and then put the shaft back in and tack weld a washer around the shaft to keep it from falling out and you only need to chuck it up to a 1/2" drill and prime away. i made mine years ago and still got em as well as the valve covers cut out for adjusting the rockers and checking for proper oiling