View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 10:04 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Deadbeat seller

Originally Posted by superstock5654
Originally Posted by robert1555
Scorpion110...can you tell me if there is any legal recourse to take against a seller who took my money and didn't ship my stuff? I sent a $900 cashiers check by registered mail and have a signed receipt and I have the returned signed cashiers check and the bank where he cashed it. Can you give any advice?
had the same thing happen to me on a different site, I spoke to 2 different lawyers and they both said I’m better off to write it off as a loss because of the time and effort it will cost to try to do something about it and the likely hood of something happening isn’t that good. If it was for thousands of dollars that would be a different store but for $900 it’s just not worth it. The guy I delt with took me for $700 than to top it off I got a letter from his lawyer for a public slander issue on a website because I slammed him on that message bored it’s just funny how our system works.
Caveat any public postings that are not certifiably true with in your Opinion and theres not a damn thing the lawyer can do except puff out his chest and act tough.

I have gone head to head with two individuals who had their Juris Doctorate and beat them both-