Old 10-15-2011, 05:50 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default engine builders..... general statements JMO

I have had 5 motors built in the last 6 years. 1 sbc and 4 BBC's. The general statements I am comfotable with putting on this forum( that I can back up) is this, all of them have not come in on time, as per the builders time frame. 2 of them lasted less than 50 miles, 2 of them did not have the internal components that I was told they had (lower grade). 1 of them was better than expected as far quickness/speed and power. The rest were under the expected power.1 of the motor failures was a verified fautly part, so I did not "hold that against the motor builder" All the builders I have used are reputable well known builders. I have paid cash or check to all of them as I promised in the time frame I promised. All of them did not return calls/emails in a timely fashion. JMO. Most have told me the delays were based on poor quality from suppliers, vacations, unexcepted employee issues, things came out their control, etc.
What I have learned:
1.How much you pay does not always mean better/lesser quality or honesty or on time delivery
2.If you are told 3 weeks, good possibly it will be 6 weeks or better.
3.Keep in contact with them and follow up, be persistent even after not getting return calls/emails.
4. always be honest with the builders, do not make stuff up but if you have an issue bring it to their attention, also pay them properly. I feel this gives the customer the "strength" to be strong with their "concerns".
5.I know this is all basic info, but it has been my experiences
Jeff 708-308-0282