View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 02:17 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Well,it's not that I am tired of car life. I love building cars. But I think that is the whole thing really. i have been racing this setup for a few years now and need something different. Every project I do,once I'm done,I'm bored with it. I never get rid of a car,but will sell off the parts in it and go another route. Drag racing with the Olds: been there,done that,had a blast,now its time for something else. But I will never own a car that needs to be trailered again. I going for street-ability this go around. I'm really lesning towards an LS motor and a couple turbos. A guy who races with us built a 6.0 truck engine. Stock bottom end,gapped the rings for boost,cam,had the computer tuned and stuck it in a foxbody. It idled dead smooth,got 25 mpg on the highway with a glide and 3.55 gears( pretty sure on those gears) and still ran mid 5's. Thats what I'm shooting for.

Once the horsepower bug gets you there is no turning away! I'll never leave the hi-perf car scene.I just need a new project to work on. Watching TV sucks...I'm not old enough for that.